GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

new update today, just tested it, i don't know if it's because i haven't played it for a while but looks like there is more aliasing than before.
Still no POM with this new update.

That's interesting. I was just going to post something about POM, as I had heard it was 'all over the game' but for the life of me I couldn't see it. Now I know why.

[tinfoil]
Remove features on the console normally reserved for PC versions due to performance issues to drive more sales to PC version as it further highlights the upgrade. A sales ploy hidden in a performance "upgrade".
[/tinfoil]

It's just really weird that they'd take out POM (which I love when done right), when it's only really visible when you're on foot and therefore not when the game is stressed, surely not as much as while driving fast around the city, which is not the time POM is visible anyway. So strange. These LazyDevs are becoming WeirDevs.

LOL! No kidding! And only if you want the automated email, versus just having the surprise of it showing up automatically through an update on your console.

Dammit, when is the PC version ready again? It was once March 24th, but it got delayed again to April sometime. I'm ready for some stinkin' GTA, dangit!

April 14th is the release date. Can't come soon enough, as long as there's no "oops we somehow disabled all lighting, all the water is gone and wheels no longer spin on cars but hey, the fucking trees sway!"

I wonder if the framerate improvement some saw is tied to this "bug" or will it be still present once POM is back. Framedrops were mostly present in city sections where there was not much, if any, POM.

OK so I really have zero life and today I uninstalled GTAV from my PS4 so I could re-install it before the updates. I stopped them from downloading, and started the game up again.

Yes, POM is there but it's not exactly FC4 kind of quality so it's not a huge loss.

What is much more interesting is the damage of the cars is indeed more evident pre-updates but the main issue here is that it makes the game harder. With the updates I could hit another car head on at any speed and I'd get some damage. Pre-updates my character actually dies if I do that, and the car is smashed a bit more - though that's just a graphical point. And also, when I played with the updates installed, I couldn't 'kill' any car. Now after a few good hits, the car will stop working.

Also, the handling feels different and tricker to control at times than post-updates.

Funny how the updates feel, to me, as if they made the game easier, with the cars not dying, my character not dying either if I smash at high speed... And yes the framerate is noticeably better post-updates.

Now I just have to decide whether to install the update, as the framerate is definitely better.

Last edited:
Back