gt4 mobile developments..

darkblu

Veteran
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67369

ok, so it seems PD are really stressed these days.

"In fact, we've reached the stage where a GT4 equivalent runs on the PSP hardware. However, our main focus at present, is the development and release of a GT title for the PS3 platform."

"Once this has been completed, we can return to, and jump-start, development for the PSP version. In regards to release dates and details, we'll be making further announcement, at a later date."

we can speculate about what precisely is this ps3 GT title PD are so deeply into - i hope it's GT5. as i'd really hate it if GT:HD distracted them so much as to cause them to suspend mobile's development.

we can speculate about what precisely is this ps3 GT title PD are so deeply into - i hope it's GT5. as i'd really hate it if GT:HD distracted them so much as to cause them to suspend mobile's development.

Well I am willing to bet that it's GT:HD, so sorry. ;) They're aiming to get that out at launch I think, which would be a first for PD and if they make anything that remotely smells like a deadline, let alone launch, and they get online in with 12 cars, motors and cars combined, and maybe even downloadable cars, AND be a showcase for 1080p/60, then yeah, GT:HD is very clearly the reason mobile's going to be released later. Obviously for a GT game this is seriously cutting corners, but as long as they don't spend an extra year just on GT:HD, it shouldn't harm GT5 too much.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a good thing, but having said that, GT has always been such a great controlling game for me, especially with the wheel, that I have a feeling I personally would prefer having GT:HD first, especially if it comes with 12 player online. The PSP game is probably only going to support 4 cars on screen anyway, and that's just not enough, really.

I personally would prefer having GT:HD first, especially if it comes with 12 player online. The PSP game is probably only going to support 4 cars on screen anyway, and that's just not enough, really.

i beg to differ - in mobile i could whoop even more strangers' asses in person than i have in RR so far :devilish:

in comparison, GT:HD would be the same old game i currently have ~15K km in, but with more of that kamikaze AI (unless PD actually address that) and possibly online multiplayer which does not really compare to the up-close-and-personal experience of the handheld multiplayer, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not?

higher rez, new textures, more polygon model cars plus online and voila you have gt hd

a milkyway between 2 GT meals

Back