More Sony rumors concerning PM, TGS, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oda

Newcomer
Ok, here we go. Tons more stuff from the forum. Lots of members are questioning various claims, and the supposed insider guy is actually remaining pretty steadfast, though he says some new developments have arisen, as most everything was locked down today for what will end up in the conference on Thursday.

In regards to the Mistwalker deal, he said he's unsure to what exact context the rumblings he's been hearing refer to. He says they may be in reference to the supposed deal that Sony and Mistwalker had for BD and LO prior to MS swooping in and paying for the games dev. He did state however that Mistwalker is NOT in any way exclusive to MS on consoles, despite what MS has said. BD and LO though have 0% chance of ever hitting PS3, even a few years from now.

All the info he posted has turned out to be the key announcements Sony is prepping to build hype for the PS3; ie. Sony will likely spread them out so as to not throw all their eggs into one basket. Thus, don't expect all these points to hit the conference anymore. Many may be postponed til TGS. The thread has now turned into a sort of general upcoming Sony announcements thread, and many are speculating what will be announced at PM, TGS, etc.

One of the two Namco titles is definitely Ridge Racer 6. No surprise there. The other is supposedly not a Tekken title.

It is looking more and more likely that Tecmo does not want Team Ninja to remain exclusive to a single console this coming gen in order to increase revenues and brand awareness.

Square Enix announcing FF and DQ being PS3 exclusive likely will not happen now (however they will still be exclusive), as Sony feels it is more significant to simply let it happen, as if it is a common occurence that happens every gen. They feel announcing it may seem as if they earned or bought the exclusive rights, whereas just letting them release makes it seem as if DQ and FF will always be PlayStation only properties.

Someone asked why Konami would bother releasing Winning Eleven in Europe (as Pro Evolution) and not in Japan, and he was reminded that Winning Eleven 9 is releasing exclusively on PS2 next month, despite Pro Evo 5 hitting Xbox in Europe later this year. The decision to keep WE exclusive to PS2 and PS3 was Konami's, Sony did not buy the rights.

From Software is likely going to port all its 360 games to PS3, including Chrome Hounds and eNchant aRm.

Sony is going to market the PSP and PS3 hand-in-hand as two companion electronics when the PS3 releases, and they are going to offer levels of connectivity between the devices beyond just gaming.

Sony will announce that PS3 titles will not be playable at TGS. They may plan a special event in early 2006 to display playable titles to the public.

Sony is confident their relationship with Game Republic will continue.

SCEI is aiming to lessen the amount of money they spend to gain exclusive contracts to increase profitability, and instead maintain their relationships through improved development tools, developer support and game development assistance.

Almost all of SCEI internals studios and second party developers have now shifted development to the PS3. SCEA has done the same, however SCEE is more evenly balanced between PS2 and PS3.

Sony is contemplating offering reduced royalty fees for original properties after the success of Nintendogs.

The PS3 console design is being slightly redesigned so it looks its best when upright, not laying flat. The slot loading drive is a key feature added to allow the upright position to be more convenient.

Sony is looking to differentiate the use of memory sticks and the HDD as memory sticks = game/online content, HDD = media content. They feel 1GB and larger sticks will retail for as low as the price of PS2 memory cards when they were first released.

Everybody's Golf 5 to be announced for Japanese launch.

It is rumored within Sony (although the insider thinks its a bit far-fetched, and personally doesn't believe its true) that 2 different internal SCEI teams are co-developing 2 PS3 titles with... are you ready?... Nintendo EAD. Yeah, I know. I don't believe it either.

The PS3 launch will be the largest launch software wise in the history of the Japanese games industry. Sony hopes to have over 40 titles available.

-----

That's it for now. Seeing how the JP forum thread has morphed into a more speculative thread on what will be announced when, and what may or may not be true, I suggest we do the same here so as not to overload our anticipation of Thursday's conference.

More to come later!

There are many wishfull thinkings over there..

Blue Dragon and Lost Odysee are, as far as I understand, MS IPs. They own them so chances that they will appear on anything other than 360 are non-existent.

The other stuff, we will see soon.. as far as I have heard, there "should" be at least 2 great news for 360 at the MS event...

I wouldn't be surprised if Mistwalker were on PS3. Didn't they hand off their 360 development to the Blinx guys?

They probably have internal resources who are working on PS3 development.

And besides, @EndR, the rumor mentions MS' two exclusive 360 titles only in so much as to confirm they will never come to PS3.

seismologist said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Mistwalker were on PS3. Didn't they hand off their 360 development to the Blinx guys?

They probably have internal resources who are working on PS3 development.
If someway Mistwalker was working on the PS3, I think they would have to do the same thing with the that title as they did with Blue Dragon (Artoon) and Lost Odyssey (Feel Plus). Probably one of Sony's internal teams would handle the development, or Contrail.

Dude, either post the link to the forum or I request this dude be banned.

Posting random speculation from 2ch is not necessarily a source of valid information, as the website is no better than GAF or any other troll ridden fanboy hole.

:LOL:

Just a slight hint of BS there.

I second the request for the forum link (not that it would make it credible..).

Ms never said Mistwalker was Xbox 360 exclusive, they were refering to Games by Sakagushi. Meaning Mistwalker will make ps3 or psp games, but they wont have sakagushi signature.

Team Ninja Going Multi. I could see that happen.

From Software is likely going to port all its 360 games to PS3, including Chrome Hounds and eNchant aRm.

I like the "likelly"'s...... :rolleyes:

SCEI is aiming to lessen the amount of money they spend to gain exclusive contracts to increase profitability, and instead maintain their relationships through improved development tools, developer support and game development assistance.

GTA anyone?
Sony is looking to differentiate the use of memory sticks and the HDD as memory sticks = game/online content, HDD = media content. They feel 1GB and larger sticks will retail for as low as the price of PS2 memory cards when they were first released.
Wow, 1GB for under 40$? I like the sound of that.

The PS3 launch will be the largest launch software wise in the history of the Japanese games industry. Sony hopes to have over 40 titles available.

On day 1? Gotta be joking. :LOL:

The reason I didn't post a direct forum link is because I thought it was pretty pointless. A) the board is entirely in Japanese, and is in BBS format, making translations with Google, etc. very difficult. B) it is a private forum that requires registration with JP email, so no direct linking. C) Credibility isn't really relevant, as the source himself isn't credible. I never once said these rumors are anything more than just that, I merely thought you guys would like to hear this stuff, and it would make for interesting discussion/speculation.

I cannot believe some on this board are acting so ridiculous. Does every rumor have to come true or its not worth reading?

http://psmk2.pspmk2.net/bbs/cbbs/cbbs.cgi

This is the closest I can direct link to the board, but it is a dead end. If that means you don't believe these rumors, then so be it. They are just rumors.

Regarding Mistwalker and making games for other plattforms..

GS: Is Sakaguchi precluded from working on other platforms? Is there any reason to prevent him from creating a PlayStation 3 game?

YM: There is certain agreement between us, so yes. He will be working only on Xbox 360, but he might do something for handhelds, which is beyond our agreement. Microsoft doesn't have a handheld console.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15016-2009-4-6-x

Interesting, thought he Mistwalker stuff really hurts his credibility. They could be making a PSP game but I doubt it as they are already making 2 xbox games and a DS game. They only have around 10 employees

Alpha_Spartan said:
therealskywolf said:
Team Ninja Going Multi. I could see that happen.
Team Ninja was always multi-platform. They did a couple of PS2 games.

They made one PS2 game (DOA2), which sold like crap. Team Ninja definitely benefited from switching to xbox where their games could stand out. Thats not to say they won't go multiplatform in the future.

You're probably thinking of Tecmo in general, which released many (bad) PS2 games this gen. Lately, they haven't exactly been fond of Sony. See: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/567/567600p1.html

Keep posting this stuff Oda. People like me what to know so possiblities before they actually happen. And like Shifty (I think it was him) has said if some of this stuff comes true at the July event and some others come true at TGS then obviously this guy will be known to the world as a super insider.

Of course insider can get things wrong too right. I'm sure insider don't know 100% of the stuff going on. If so wouldn't they be an executive or something. Like I said I'm going to pay very close attention to what's said at TGS and this Sony yearly event.

Keep it coming Oda. :)

You're probably thinking of Tecmo in general, which released many (bad) PS2 games this gen. Lately, they haven't exactly been fond of Sony. See: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/567/567600p1.html

Well let them keep not being fond of Sony. Sony has Tekken and VF. And they also have God of War. So I think this will be more of a loss on Tecmo's end it they keep having little problems. I don't even think DOA could out sell VF or Tekken anyway.

I like reading these things too even though I dont hold much faith in them. They give you some ideas as to what might be there though which is interesting to think about.

mckmas8808 said:
I don't even think DOA could out sell VF or Tekken anyway.

It can't, see: DOA2. That was the point of the first half of my post :)

Itagaki can claim he switched to xbox for power all he wants, but the truth is he was losing to the competition on PS2

So who is this Oda character? No linkage, and a flipped "d" would spell OpaOpa (aka Red Cloak from Opa-ages) - who everybody knows is a complete loser and would troll for Microsoft even if it killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back