GameSpot give Metroid Prime 9.7/10!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by Teasy, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Tagrineth

Tagrineth murr
    Veteran

Not perfectly, though. For one thing, on a PL1 decoder, the output is sent through a low-pass filter.

2. Blade

Veteran

Ah, thanks for that info Tag. :) Well, I guess it isn't perfect.. but definitely workable. ED was great on my setup.

3. Magnum PI

Veteran

it works but i think there is only one rear channel for DPL1, againts two on DPL II.

4. tmdorsey

Newcomer

I got the game last night, and I agree with the PGC and the majority of the other sites. The game is F-ing great. I haven't felt this good about a game since TOOT. I don't know how, but Retro has made a 3D Metroid game in a first person perspective.

This is also the most polished looking and playing game I have ever played. These are my impressions and I'm only at 4% and 57 minutes into it. The game gets better and better with each new passageway I find. Damn, why do I have to work? :x

5. Blade

Veteran

Please stop giving your impressions! I can't take it anymore!

Must.. play.. Metroid.... Prime!

I got even more hyped by playing through SM, and I'm working on MF. Both flat-out awesome games.. man, I can't wait for the afternoon. It's Super Metroid in 3D, damnit. And not like Sega's GUNVALKYRIE, which was more action than adventure..

But really Metroid! Samus Aran! Ice Beam! Ball form! Nintendo! And this time Shiggy worked on it! Come to me, MP!

6. Teasy

Veteran

That GamePro score is better then it sounds too, because it was actually a 4.5 out of 5 and GamePro's scores only go up in 0.5 increments, so a 4.5 is close to perfect with them.

Yep this game seems to be getting great scores from everyone so far. From not knowing anything about Metroid I find myself getting extremely hyped for this game, more hyped then for any other (that included Zelda). I even got Super Metroid on a SNES emu the other day and have started playing it for the first time :)

BTW I just noticed that GameRankings have removed the 10/10 from Gamers.com (EGM). I wonder why?

7. Blade

Veteran

I think they might of finally gotten fed up with the 10/10 reviews.. albeit that many of the games deserved it.

Like Metroid Prime, and maybe.. just maybe Super Mario Sunshine and Ratchet & Clank. SMS = 94/100 (I agree with GameSpy on this game :)) and R&C got high marks on IGN.. but you could round them up..

8. Teasy

Veteran

Nah that can't be it, they only just added another 10/10 to MP's page, but they've removed the games.com/EGM 10/10 for some strange reason.

9. Magnum PI

Veteran

i see evil microsoft at work !

i don't know why but i believe bill gates is personally involved in this anti-MP conspiration !

10. Teasy

Veteran

They may have realised that the review wasn't technically from Gamers.com (it was from EGM) and so they'll hopefully put it back once they see the EGM review.

11. CaptainHowdy

Regular

I dont think Mario Sunshine deserves a 10/10, it has plenty of faults ,its a great game but far from perfect, I am about 4 hours into prime, so far..perfection, I dont have a single complaint.

12. Teasy

Veteran

Just spare a thought for people with PAL GameCube's like me. I won't be playing Metroid Prime for 3 to 4 months apparently.. and it makes me sick! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

My only hope is that Freeloader is finally soon released so I can get the U.S version sooner.

13. CaptainHowdy

Regular

Teasy, www.goblindirect.com
    check it out, get MP at a reasonable price, and get freeloader to play it with ..

14. Teasy

Veteran

Thanks for the link CaptainHowdy. But unfortunately Freeloader still isn't out and the release has now been out back many times. It might not even be out this year :(

Although I am tempted by this offer:

http://www.goblindirect.com/MainContent/prodDetail.asp?prodID=1174&productCat=GameCube

Its a Platinum US GameCube, stepdown converter, memory card, Metroid Prime, Controller and VA leads for £169 ($266). I wish I could afford that.. maybe if I sold my PAL cube I could afford the US one... hmmmm

15. TheMightyPuck

Newcomer

well at least you guy's are (amazingly) through in the CL :D

16. TheMightyPuck

Newcomer

Forgot to say: gotta run--date with Samus :D

17. mkillio

Regular

The thermal Visor is really cool looking and works very well, the spider ball is neat too.

18. iscariot

Newcomer

FYi, they did this with all games from gamers.com. THey didnt remove it either, its just under the review section that doesnt contribute to the average GR score...

19. Goldni

Regular

I played prime for about and hour and a half and all I can say is DAMN. This game is the epitomy of videogaming. Never before have I seen a game so well rounded from top to bottom. From graphics to sound to enemies and bosses to level design..oh that freaking AWSOME level design..prolly the best I've ever seen. I'm not quiet ready to claim it the best I've played..but it's been a long time since I've been in that 'zone'..it's damn sure up there with the greats like Zelda:OOT, Castlevania and ..well..Super Metroid. MP is eerie as hell..dark and moody and the story through scanning is hella cool..you learn about what the hel happened to those poor souls and it just is chilling.

I also bought Splinter Cell and Metroid Fusion. They'er still in plastic wraps. Now that's saying alot. I'll check them out tommorrow..right now I've got to me my new/old girlfriend Samus.

20. StefanS

StefanS meandering Velosoph
    Veteran

I can understand your feelings because I am from Europe, too. But at least Metroid Fusion arrives soon. I hope this cheers you up a bit. :lol: