FMW0IVoXsAQooLW

FMRETa0WUAETOgd

index1.jpg

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Here’s a fun ten second distraction from the shit going on in the world. Cars be porpoisin’ because they haven’t got the underfloor aero right, so the rear of the car gets sucked/pushed into the ground, hits the ground thus cancelling ground effect, the rear jumps up and then the cycle continues, resulting in bobblehead drivers. This is happening at high speed on the straights to pretty much all the cars but to varying degrees, and apparently can’t be tested for in the wind tunnel because you can’t bottom the car out. It may also have been masked by the intermediate/wet photo shoot tires, which are taller than slicks. It’s also mitigated by opening the DRS. One more thing to work out before the first race, though reliability seems fine for most teams except Alfa and Haas.

I think current test times are about three seconds off last year’s, though supposedly Barca’s reconfigured turn ten [sic?] adds about a second. Still, no one’s showing their hand yet, and we all remember Ferrari looking amazing in preseason testing a few years ago then chasing all the faults that didn’t present themselves formthe rest of the year.

Here’s a fun ten second distraction from the shit going on in the world. Cars be porpoisin’ because they haven’t got the underfloor aero right, so the rear of the car gets sucked/pushed into the ground, hits the ground thus cancelling ground effect, the rear jumps up and then the cycle continues, resulting in bobblehead drivers. This is happening at high speed on the straights to pretty much all the cars but to varying degrees, and apparently can’t be tested for in the wind tunnel because you can’t bottom the car out. It may also have been masked by the intermediate/wet photo shoot tires, which are taller than slicks. It’s also mitigated by opening the DRS. One more thing to work out before the first race, though reliability seems fine for most teams except Alfa and Haas.

I think current test times are about three seconds off last year’s, though supposedly Barca’s reconfigured turn ten [sic?] adds about a second. Still, no one’s showing their hand yet, and we all remember Ferrari looking amazing in preseason testing a few years ago then chasing all the faults that didn’t present themselves formthe rest of the year.
beautiful thanks

LeClerc talked about following another car. IIRC, he said 3 to 1 seconds behind is a bit better, 1 to 0.5 second behind is a bit worse similar, and 0.5 to 0.1 second behind is much better. So that’s promising. The slipstream is potentially less beneficial, but I donknow what that means for DRS-assisted passing. Being able to follow someone closer just before a DRS zone may cancel out potentially less slipstream overspeed.

Last edited:
LeClerc talked about following another car. IIRC, he said 3 to 1 seconds behind is a bit better, 1 to 0.5 second behind is a bit worse, and 0.5 to 0.1 second behind is much better. So that’s promising. The slipstream is potentially less beneficial, but I donknow what that means for DRS-assisted passing. Being able to follow someone closer just before a DRS zone may cancel out potentially less slipstream overspeed.
I hope it's true. Those qualifications with slipstream advantage (or not if you are not lucky with the track position) are not what quali was meant to be.

I did not realize Porsche or Audi would be entering Formula One in 2026. Very much looking forward to their cars in the races.
The original plan had been for Red Bull to take over the manufacture of the engines from 2023 but motorsport adviser Helmut Marko said in an interview earlier this year that the engines would continue to come from Honda's R&D base in Japan until 2025, after which a new engine-design formula will come into force in F1.

In theory, Red Bull would have to build its own engines for the new era, when the engines will feature a greater proportion of their power from hybrid energy, and use fully sustainable, probably synthetic, fuels.
However, Red Bull have been strongly linked with the Volkswagen Group, which is expected to enter F1 from 2026 with either its Porsche or Audi brands.

Horner said: "With the Red Bull Powertrains division working towards the new engine regulations in 2026, we wanted to make sure we had the best driver on the grid secured for that car."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/60599389

RBR's stars appear to be pretty well aligned at the moment. Their two new main sponsors already put them above the budget cap for the next 5 years and they don't have to spend much on engines because of the freeze and Honda still helping out in the background (doubt that is costing them much) and they got VAG waiting to step in when the new regulations hit (and probably foot most if not all of the development bill). Compare that with the 400 million or whatever they were paying each year and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole operating now pretty much pays for itself.

And they signed Max for the next 6 years apparently?

Back