Formula 1 - 2015 season

Force India COO Otmar has said in F1 Show that at the CanadianGP they ran Merc engines revision 2 (old) but with revision 3 software as they weren't that concerns with reliability. Revision 3 engines will be installed at their scheduled time because they try to do 5 races per engine and it would be foolish to throw away still good engine for small performance uplift or risk of DNF.

Isn't reliability update/upgrade can be fitted to the old engine? If it can't, then surely you must use token to change it. So I don't see why FI won't use reliability update.
Edit: I do think that they can't update parts that probably worn under the reliability update banner, which makes me wonder what is FIA criteria in assessing whether an update needs token or not. Is it written anywhere?

So Kimi doesn't like (can't handle?) the engine start map on his Ferrari, Honda can't handle their engines and Ferrari can't handle their wheel nuts.

Only Mercedes seems to be able to get the job done. It is good that Rosberg beat Hamilton so that the championship remains alive, and I congratulate Massa on P3, but it is sooooo painful to watch McLaren, Red Bull, Honda and Renault. Honda and Renault better make the most of the summer break, or are engine manufacturers also barred for working during the break?

The Red Bull Ring is Hamiltons Kryptonite it seems. Shocking their last year, and this (got lucky with pole I recon).

Still, made a mockery of all the so called experts that called a Ferrari victory based on their Friday pace. When will people wake up and realise Mercedes do not show their cards on a Friday. They will be heavily fueled and running a low power map. They simply blew Ferrari away in the race. Vettel was out of the running long before his pit stop.

Renault have had a year to sort out their engine already, and have only seemed to be able to make it worse, what makes you think an extra 3 weeks is going to make a difference?

As for Honda, everything they try backfires. Seems like they haven't even got a clue whats wrong with their engine nevermind be in a position to fix it.

Give Mercedes and Ferrari 10 more tokens as a sweetener and just tell Renault and Honda to do what it takes to make a good engine in the next 2-3 months.

The teams shouldn't be penalised for having to use extra engines anymore, it's like punishing a blind man for not being able to see. Put in measures to stop these teams from exploiting the rules and using new engines whenever they like (IE an engine must do 4 races unless it blows up)

But Renault haven't used any of their tokens yet.

I assume the usage of tokens is just when the engine is presented to the FIA? Renault and Honda can do anything they want R&D-wise in their factories and then only use tokens when they want to put it on the car, no?

You wouldn't go hell for leather in R&D because ultimately they have a finite number of tokens. No point designing something great, but then realising that you need to spend 20 tokens to fit all the parts you just designed.

I'm going to my live first F1 GP weekend in my life at Silverstone! Is anyone else from B3D going? Would be great to meet up and have a beer or two!

Hope for some rain on Sunday ;)

Last edited:
Have fun, Lightman. Hope it's a great experience. The atmosphere you feel there is unbelievably cool, you can't feel that from the TV.

I wonder how many grid penalties McLaren will have this weekend, though.

For the first year in my life (this is excluding my child years), I haven't watched a single race from the season so far.

The reason is that the service is locked behind a pay wall and for this circus I am NOT going to pay.

Maybe they need to pay to me to advertise this nonsense.

F1 needs reforms because people will not watch it, a crysis will come and the sport will inevitably die, slowly and painfully.

http://gpda.motorsport.com/

GPDA fan survey results are out
Best drivers ever: 1. Senna 2. Schumacher 3. Prost
Favourite teams: 1. Ferrari 2. McLaren 3. Williams
Favourite driver: 1. Räikkönen 2. Alonso 3. Button

So I'm at Silverstone since Thursday. So far I've been freezing cold twice and baked hot twice, drank lots of beer and enjoyed atmosphere. Must say though camping is not my cup of tea!

One more thing, current F1 is quiter than GP2 but I like its sound a lot! On the Hanagar straight giving full beans they still shake your guts :)

It hurts so much watching McLaren ...
I still think it is better as a McLaren fan than as a Kimi fan.

Anyway, the rain really spice things up! Too bad Button was out, otherwise it would be fun to see what he can do at that situation, which is probably perfect for him (changing, intermediate condition).

It was a good race, and great to see a non-Mercedes or non-Ferrari leading a race.

Alonso scored 1 point too ... yaaay ..... :/

It is a very sad day in sports.
I have always crossed fingers that this wouldn't happen and things would improve.

My sincere condolences to all who had Bianchi close in their lives.

From now on the sport must think about improvements to become a safer and better place.

:(

Back