Formula 1 - 2022 Season

I think Max is the faster driver and would pass Checo on track in pretty much every race, but Checo has been asked repeatedly to move over for Max. Would one of those have yielded an extra point for Checo? I’m not interested enough to find out.

Ricciardo confirmed as RB’s test and PR driver, Hulkenburg as Haas’ other driver (supposedly a sponsor, 1&1, requested a German), and I think Mick landed as Merc’s reserve driver? Next year’s lineup of drivers is pretty interesting for a variety of reasons. Just drop Lance for Vandoorne (while Spa is still on the calendar!) or a more recent F2 winner and there wouldn’t be much to complain about.

Some news for whoever wants to start the F1 2023 season thread.

Vasseur to Ferrari as team principal. Seidl to Sauber/Audi as CEO (will have to appoint a team principal). Stella promoted as McL TP. Capito (TP) and FX Demaison (tech director) out at Williams.

is vasseur good? he is very french, almost as french as jean todt and he did well at ferrari but it took a while (4 years iirc)
seidl is going home to familiar pastures, will be interesting

also cool to see stella get a shot

Only if Ferrari hires a Brit, South African and German as well along side vasseur.

I don't know if he's good. But I honestly don't know if that actually matters as Ferrari doesn't seem to be willing to give any TP the time they need. I think Todt is the only one in the last 30 years or so that could do things they way he wanted?

Worst case vasseur has a nice paycheck for a couple of years and gets to put Ferrari on his resume (if he cares about that) before he gets sacked and joins another half a dozen of Ferrari TP's that couldn't deliver either (so he can say it wasn't him but the team). Best case things go well and he actually wins something.

Back