Formula 1 - 2015 season

Lewis Hamilton unstoppable in quali. Alonso's McLaren broke down in Q2 and he pushed it into the pits. It was a great showing of passion, but he wasn't allowed to run anymore.

What a start! Vettel jumped Hamilton & Rosberg, Kimi Ricciardo, Hamilton & Rosberg!

And Hamilton drives out, lost a ton of places

Beautiful race! I was expecting procession race as it supposed to be tricky to overtake here but it proved to be anything but that!

Glad for McLaren double points finish too!

It was a truly magnificent race, the best of the season by far.

And after it all came to a rest, Hamilton extended his lead from Rosberg even though Hamilton made the most mistakes of the two, though Rosberg's puncture came at the worst moment.

I am happy for Ricciardo getting an emotional podium and I am glad McLaren managed to get both cars into the points. Now for the upgraded engine at Spa, let's see what they can do there (I am not getting my hopes up, though).

Great race. Great result for a lot of teams. Too bad for Kimi, would love to see him at least on podium.
From what I see, RB has the ability to follow other car closely VS Merc. Merc seems to struggle when behind other car.
Maldonado trying to get that coveted 12 penalty points....

Great race. Great result for a lot of teams. Too bad for Kimi, would love to see him at least on podium.
From what I see, RB has the ability to follow other car closely VS Merc. Merc seems to struggle when behind other car.
Maldonado trying to get that coveted 12 penalty points....
Yeah, that was unfortunate for Kimi. He was in a really good position until his MGU-K broke.

Maldonado .... I have no words

Hey lightman - any pics or vids from your trip to silverstone?!

Did you camp and where did you sit?

Haven't been for years but it's always a great atmosphere!

Hey lightman - any pics or vids from your trip to silverstone?!

Did you camp and where did you sit?

Haven't been for years but it's always a great atmosphere!
Well done remembering. When he announced he was going I told myself to ask him but I totally forgot.

So Lightman, spill the beans!

In that case here is a small album from British GP - http://imgur.com/a/EMdXr

I've seen Ted and Criag from SkyF1 as well as went to F1 Forum with Merc, Ferrari and McLaren drivers. Unfortunately I was too far from fence to get a cap or signature from one of the drivers, but there were a lot of lucky people as the drivers spent good 20 minutes giving autographs!

Selected pics:
0MEW69X.jpg

N7lsN4d.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the pics. When I went to Monza in 2013 I met Johnny Herbert on the Thursday track walk. It was really cool

It'll be true to the previous Honda years with every engine ending in a cloud of white smoke :LOL:

This is typical Japanese corporate speak. In all the previous races they didn't have power nor reliability. And now, on a power track none the less, they are going to be fast and reliable? I hope for them it works out but if it was that easy Ferrari and Renault both would have had a reliable engine with similar power at the start of this season. They didn't.

It'll be true to the previous Honda years with every engine ending in a cloud of white smoke :LOL:

This is typical Japanese corporate speak. In all the previous races they didn't have power nor reliability. And now, on a power track none the less, they are going to be fast and reliable? I hope for them it works out but if it was that easy Ferrari and Renault both would have had a reliable engine with similar power at the start of this season. They didn't.
They are spending tokens to change the engine spec for Spa.

The thing is according to them at the previous race (Hungarian GP), their engine power is much better than Renault, and it's the chassis that hiding the engine potential. Whether it is true or not, it's understandable that since the engine was problematic, they would have a hard time optimizing the car.

They are spending tokens to change the engine spec for Spa.

I know. But how much better can they get in just a couple of months? Again, if I'd be that easy Ferrari and Renault would have had similar performance to Mercedes at the start of the season.

Funny to see how Honda is claiming the engine was already much better than Renaults at Hungary and it was the chassis hurting Mclaren while Mclaren has been saying all along that the chassis is pretty good but that the engine isn't good enough.

Wouldn't it be epic if they stick it on the front row on saturday? What a shock that would be. One can dream though...

The thing is according to them at the previous race (Hungarian GP), their engine power is much better than Renault, and it's the chassis that hiding the engine potential. Whether it is true or not, it's understandable that since the engine was problematic, they would have a hard time optimizing the car.

And they were saying the entire season that the chassis is very good (comparable to RB level of downforce!) and they are only limited by engine performance.

Do you have a quote somewhere regarding the performance of the engine in Hungary?

I read it from an autosport article. The title is "Honda eyeing Ferrari". Basically he didn't say the chassis and aero was bad, but it wasn't at RB level (at least not with current setting since McLaren didn't have as much time to test as the others because the reliability problem).

Back