Formula 1 - 2014 Season

It only takes 1 person in the pit crew taking slightly longer or "making an error" for the stop to have time artificially added to it.
To think the entire crew would need to be involved is naive.

Then do you think that person would stay in the pit crew for long if makes mistakes or is not fast enough?

This would be a one off race feature before that person would be moved away from pit crew.

This is a team sport and if one component of the team fails they have to replace or fix it!

If Mercedes really wanted to promote Rosberg into 1st position they only needed to give Lewes unbalanced wheel, or play around with ERS. No need to try and loose 1s per stop in hope that this will be enough for Nico to overtake.

@Davros and Gerry

Yes, team was/is a bit pro Bottas as they openly say in front of cameras. But even them during the race can't afford to favour one over the other as they need as much points as possible.

It only takes 1 person in the pit crew taking slightly longer or "making an error" for the stop to have time artificially added to it.
To think the entire crew would need to be involved is naive.

It's just not going to happen, every mechanic in the pit would notice if someone did something unusual. They are all on alert to such a degree that it more or less can't happen. You would need clear team orders if one of the drivers were to get a advantage.

Hamilton were under a greater pressure this round, and it's great for the Championship.

Operationally the team is British. Likely that pit crew is largely constructed of British personnel. If one really wanted to construct some conspiracy theories about one driver favouritism from the team owners, then an analysis of which of the two drivers would appeal most to key growth market demographics would be in order...!

It's just not going to happen, every mechanic in the pit would notice if someone did something unusual. They are all on alert to such a degree that it more or less can't happen. You would need clear team orders if one of the drivers were to get a advantage.

Hamilton were under a greater pressure this round, and it's great for the Championship.
You guys have all turned into pit-crew experts. :LOL:

Anyway like I said, I will let the future races do the talking.

Maybe he's referring to The one occasion when Williams told massa to move over as bottas was faster than him.

Maybe he's referring to The one occasion when Williams told massa to move over as bottas was faster than him.

No, I'm referring to few interviews done by SkyF1 with Claire Williams and few others in which they almost always say Bottas is performing great, Bottas is future WDC, and so on. They never say anything like this about Massa, even when he is outperforming Bottas.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying Williams is favouring one of they drivers on track as Ferrari is known to do. I was just pointing out that even compared to Williams with it's minor driver favouritism, Mercedes is more fair ;).

Maybe because massa isn't a future world champion?

He's had his time, bottas is young and had his future ahead of him. Seems like a fairly reasonable comment for her to be making to be honest.

Oh lol, this is brilliant - Pirelli's report on the tyre usage last weekend reveals that Ferrari put used hard tires on Kimi's last stint, rather than new ones (yes, he still had new set too, just like Alonso who got fresh tyres for his last stint)

Maybe because massa isn't a future world champion?

He's had his time, bottas is young and had his future ahead of him. Seems like a fairly reasonable comment for her to be making to be honest.

This is true, and I never said her (or anyone at Williams) comments are not true, just pointed out that compared to Mercedes, even Williams is more biased towards one of their drivers.

BTW we haven't discussed what a mega job Grosjean was doing this weekend! Driving with a car that wants to kill you every time you step on brakes and for quite a few laps racing with only 5 cylinders and still defending well!
I always knew he had speed, but now I know he also have his head sorted! He learnt from past mistakes and crashes and finally worked out how to drive fast and safe!

BTW we haven't discussed what a mega job Grosjean was doing this weekend! Driving with a car that wants to kill you every time you step on brakes and for quite a few laps racing with only 5 cylinders and still defending well!
I always knew he had speed, but now I know he also have his head sorted! He learnt from past mistakes and crashes and finally worked out how to drive fast and safe!
I'm actually starting to think it's not that much about the drivers, just look at it:

Webber, when he left, secretly switched Vettels and Ricciardos cars - Look who's performing better?
Kimi got Massas card and has been usually beaten by Alonso
Grosjean took car meant for Kimi, and isn't accident prone anymore, and Maldonado not only took his own tendencies to crash everywhere with him, but also got everything Grosjeans car had in it, and is now crashing twice as much as he "should"

:LOL:

I'm actually starting to think it's not that much about the drivers, just look at it:

Webber, when he left, secretly switched Vettels and Ricciardos cars - Look who's performing better?
Kimi got Massas card and has been usually beaten by Alonso
Grosjean took car meant for Kimi, and isn't accident prone anymore, and Maldonado not only took his own tendencies to crash everywhere with him, but also got everything Grosjeans car had in it, and is now crashing twice as much as he "should"

:LOL:

LOL :D

Nice theory!
Explains a lot, but Pastor will bounce (from the walls) back too! He just either needs to start at the front or have everyone else pull over for him :)

Seriously though Pastor is quick, just for some reason he sometimes forgets to look where he is going!

Apparently the FIA asked Ferrari to change the MGU-K on Alonso's car after qualifying, the implication being it was producing too much power.

Monaco P1 times for those interested:

Code:
 Driver                   Team                     Time                Laps
 1. Lewis Hamilton        Mercedes                 1m18.271s           32
 2. Nico Rosberg          Mercedes                 1m18.303s  +0.032s  31
 3. Daniel Ricciardo      Red Bull-Renault         1m18.506s  +0.235s  37
 4. Fernando Alonso       Ferrari                  1m18.930s  +0.659s  31
 5. Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault         1m19.043s  +0.772s  33
 6. Kimi Raikkonen        Ferrari                  1m19.467s  +1.196s  31
 7. Valtteri Bottas       Williams-Mercedes        1m19.494s  +1.223s  31
 8. Sergio Perez          Force India-Mercedes     1m19.666s  +1.395s  29
 9. Kevin Magnussen       McLaren-Mercedes         1m19.789s  +1.518s  29
10. Nico Hulkenberg       Force India-Mercedes     1m19.856s  +1.585s  38
11. Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes         1m20.033s  +1.762s  35
12. Esteban Gutierrez     Sauber-Ferrari           1m20.118s  +1.847s  33
13. Romain Grosjean       Lotus-Renault            1m20.207s  +1.936s  33
14. Pastor Maldonado      Lotus-Renault            1m20.241s  +1.970s  38
15. Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso-Renault       1m20.260s  +1.989s  36
16. Felipe Massa          Williams-Mercedes        1m20.517s  +2.246s  25
17. Adrian Sutil          Sauber-Ferrari           1m20.736s  +2.465s  18
18. Daniil Kvyat          Toro Rosso-Renault       1m20.914s  +2.643s  37
19. Jules Bianchi         Marussia-Ferrari         1m21.310s  +3.039s  27
20. Marcus Ericsson       Caterham-Renault         1m22.063s  +3.792s  40
21. Kamui Kobayashi       Caterham-Renault         1m22.492s  +4.221s  38
22. Max Chilton           Marussia-Ferrari         1m25.817s  +7.546s   7

Rosberg has renewed his contract with Mercedes, he'll be with the team at least the next 2 seasons too

Back