Formula 1 - 2010 Season

The issue was that he overtook the SC when its lights were not green, which is very serious.

In my opinion it is like running the red lights at the end of the pit lane.

The issue was that he overtook the SC when its lights were not green, which is very serious.

In my opinion it is like running the red lights at the end of the pit lane.

No, the issue was that he didn't pass it before the safety car line. If he had, there wouldn't be any controversy, irregardless of what lights the SC was displaying.

No, the issue was that he didn't pass it before the safety car line. If he had, there wouldn't be any controversy, irregardless of what lights the SC was displaying.
Okay, the real issue is that Hamilton's hesitation made it so that neither Hamilton (because of the drive through) and Alonso (because he was stuck behind the SC for an extra lap) could fight Vettel for the victory.

Meh, this sucks.

The real "issue" is people seem to believe that moaning a-hole Alonso was hard done too on purpose when it's quite clear it wasn't intentional.

Alonso is a big baby that needs to grow up.

The real "issue" is people seem to believe that moaning a-hole Alonso was hard done too on purpose when it's quite clear it wasn't intentional.

Alonso is a big baby that needs to grow up.
Next time you accuse someone for hating Hamilton, you need to remember this post.

The SC rules are very vague at the moment and not very well thought.
Also leaving measure of penalty for serious infringements like passing SC to race director is just asking for problems. If it would be clearly said that this will result in drive through then I think not only LH would overtake it on this occasion, on the other hand if it would be clear you're getting black flagged then even Lewis wouldn't hesitate and stayed with everyone else behind SC.

Same goes for speeding cars under SC. The first car to dive into pitlane was RK and he had 1.2s to slow down to his target delta while in the middle of a corner. Quite unrealistic other than bringing his Renault to complete stand still. Who writes these rules?

At least now FIA will look into SC rules again and try to come up with better solutions.

Roll on Silverstone please!
I can't wait to see them all race in a rain again (2 weeks off sunshine we had now for sure brings next 2 months of rain ;)).

Next time you accuse someone for hating Hamilton, you need to remember this post.
Alonso was an embarrassment they way he was talking on the radio, even you must realise that.

He just cannot handle that Lewis is beating him comfortably still. He's a petulant child.

It's nothing to do with hating him, he's just got a very bad attitude.

What Alonso and Ferrari has said has been said in fervour. It is the same as Vettel making crazy gestures after he and Webber collided in Turkey.

DJ12, you are very dishonest and inconsistent in our discussions here. You jump at other people when we criticise Hamilton and accuse us of hating him, and then when you do the same thing, it is all right. Either that people can be criticised or stop criticising yourself. I am pretty sure you won't, though, because you have never even tried to be reasonable.

The SC rules are very vague at the moment and not very well thought.

Quite right. The only thing that bugs me about the whole SC controversy is that it's essentially an old topic. I've watched F1 long enough to see great efforts by small struggling teams (i.e. Sauber) being ruined by 'bad luck' of the SC coming out in exactly the worst possible moment - over and over again.

Yet, once it happens to Ferrari, the whole world must take part in their pitty and bad fortune and all rules must be changed and looked into.

Of course, I agree that the SC rules can and should be changed for the better. I still think Schumacher/Brawn got punished wrongfully in Monaco (it was essentially the race directors fault for giving conflicting signals) and that the latest punishments handed out by not being within the delta times to be a bit overexagerated - at least from what I have read from the teams about what happened there.

Having said that and coming back to Alonsos/Ferraris behaviour - I can somewhat relate to the frustration. Since Bahrain, they've been in the critics of the all too vocal Italian press due to their subpar and underwhelming performance. Alonso has also been highly criticized for his on track performance - not consecutively beating his, in many eyes inferior, teammate, jump starts, accidents etc.
Now, in Valencia, home GP and all, it was a grand opportunity not only for Ferrari, but especially Alonso to step up to the chase. The pace in free practice was very good and should have been a return to a top spot. They qualify 4th and 5th and everything looks extremely good for them (especially with Hamiltons car being damaged) right up until the safety car, where everything goes terribly wrong without them doing a single thing wrong.

If Ferraris form wouldn't be that crucial and Alonso not so heavily in the critics, the issue probably wouldn't be as big. But home GP and all - the frustration must be huge within the Ferrari camp.

Just like Schumacher as well btw - who has had his fair share of bad luck as well, having more than one race ruined by tough fortune. And on the other extreme, you have Button that's no doubt been the most lucky chap so far (not to take anything away from his very solid and clear-headed performance and making the best out of situations)...

What Alonso and Ferrari has said has been said in fervour. It is the same as Vettel making crazy gestures after he and Webber collided in Turkey.

DJ12, you are very dishonest and inconsistent in our discussions here. You jump at other people when we criticise Hamilton and accuse us of hating him, and then when you do the same thing, it is all right. Either that people can be criticised or stop criticising yourself. I am pretty sure you won't, though, because you have never even tried to be reasonable.
LOL, in light of the post just below this one I think that is the appropriate response.

Even Alonso knows he's a moaning git.

I do not like Alonso because of his attitude, you don't not like Hamilton because he beat Alonso in his rookie year and Alonso and therefore you have chips on your shoulders.

I like Hamilton, douchebag. I don't like you, because you are a moaning git.

Another viral video from McLaren

It's actually kinda emotional.

I wonder how that place is secured against fire and floods and stuff. It is an invaluable collection. I would love to see Jenson or Lewis drive one of those on a track in at least semi-anger.

I wonder how that place is secured against fire and floods and stuff. It is an invaluable collection. I would love to see Jenson or Lewis drive one of those on a track in at least semi-anger.

I would love to see myself drive one (or more) of these cars on a track :p

Even Alonso knows he's a moaning git.

He is, I remember at a post race press conference he said if he was asked any more questions about crashgate he would stop answering questions in english and only in spanish (maybe because he has to attend the conference, but there is no rule saying he has to speak english)

Me i would of said fair enough fernando we'll get an interpreter
now tell me gain how many people have lost their jobs in various f1 teams helping you to cheat ?

I wonder how much of the collection this really is and how much of it really is real. All cars seem to be from a relative modern era and with multiple chassis made for each season this doesnt seem to be all the cars created.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back