Formula 1 - 2010 Season

Raikkonen = Lazy genius. We will miss him.

Heidfeld may not have won a WDC but he is still better driver than Button to me.

So Kimi's career is over. And as it doesn't look too good for Kovy either, I guess my interest over Formula 1 is also over. There's absolutely no point when there are no Finnish drivers.

So Kimi's career is over. And as it doesn't look too good for Kovy either, I guess my interest over Formula 1 is also over. There's absolutely no point when there are no Finnish drivers.
Nico Rosberg is sorta Finnish.

Raikkonen = Lazy genius. We will miss him.

Heidfeld may not have won a WDC but he is still better driver than Button to me.
Not to me and not according to the statistics even when you discount this year.

Button: 327 career points, 232 career points not counting 2009.
Heidfeld: 219 career points, 200 career points not counting 2009.

And let's not forget Heidfeld's BMWs of 2007-2008 were much better than Button's Hondas of the same years.

Nico Rosberg is sorta Finnish.

Yeah, I guess he is son of Keke so I can't argue with that. Not speaking a word of Finnish though that I have heard and driving under the german license he just doesn't do it for me.

When he wins, he is Finnish. When he doesn't, he's German. ;)

Interesting indeed. I suspected as much, but wasn't sure if Kimi would come to his senses. Since Kimi won't be in F1 in 2010, I have my doubts if we'll ever see him return, as F1 moves on quickly and if he couldn't get into a car this year, why should he next year (unless he's willing to go to a team other than Ferrari or McLaren).

For Button and Hamilton, it will be interesting how both will cope with a heavier car, especially in regards to tyre usage. Button is a very smooth driver so I think will have less problems - how will Hamilton fare?

Wow, so now Mercedes GP will presumably have the less-than-stellar Nico and Nick lineup?

Interesting indeed. I suspected as much, but wasn't sure if Kimi would come to his senses. Since Kimi won't be in F1 in 2010, I have my doubts if we'll ever see him return, as F1 moves on quickly and if he couldn't get into a car this year, why should he next year (unless he's willing to go to a team other than Ferrari or McLaren).

For Button and Hamilton, it will be interesting how both will cope with a heavier car, especially in regards to tyre usage. Button is a very smooth driver so I think will have less problems - how will Hamilton fare?

It's not a matter of "couldn't get", but a matter of "couldn't get paid as much as he wanted"
Some speculated that he wouldn't have received Ferrari's salary for next year if he drove for another F1 team, only the compensations, which could explain thing or two

Not to me and not according to the statistics even when you discount this year.

Button: 327 career points, 232 career points not counting 2009.
Heidfeld: 219 career points, 200 career points not counting 2009.

And let's not forget Heidfeld's BMWs of 2007-2008 were much better than Button's Hondas of the same years.

True, but I will still rate Heidfeld somewhere as 5-7th best on the grid, because you see how his car has been treated over years (except year 2008), he has reliability and his overtaking abilities are one of best. Including a double double overtake at silverstone last year and monaco against alonso a while back...

Heidfeld that good? seriously?
He's barely at Buttons level, and Button is average at best

It's not a matter of "couldn't get", but a matter of "couldn't get paid as much as he wanted"
Some speculated that he wouldn't have received Ferrari's salary for next year if he drove for another F1 team, only the compensations, which could explain thing or two

EDIT: Forget it. ;)

This might make your day though, if true:

Kimi linked to new Mercedes team

Kimi Raikkonen hits with Mercedes
Acordo vem após saída de Jenson Button, que correrá pela McLaren Agreement comes after cessation of Jenson Button, who will race for McLaren

Not quite sure if I believe it though. Mercedes seemed to be very serious about having an all german team. Rosberg apparently wants number 1 status which would give some conflict if Kimi were to join. However, if Rosberg isn't a done deal, maybe we can expect Kimi and Heidfeld at Mercedes GP?

If also true, Button surely wouldn't like this, as Kimi's salary demands would be a whole lot higher than what he wanted from Brawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
BUt Brawn already said that money isnt the reason for Button not staying with them. They said their offer might even have been higher that what he now gets at Mclaren.

Where did you read that?

Everything that I read suggests that the prime reason Button wasn't happy with his negotiations over a seat at Brawn in 2010 was because of salary. Lets not forget that Button did go for less money when the team was facing financial difficulties - now being world champion and ensuring financial stability at Brawn because of it, he wanted more than they had offered him.

Just to add:
If money had not been the issue and Brawn/Mercedes GP would have offered what Button wanted, I am pretty sure Button would stay at his team he's been part of since 7 seasons. I don't think playing 2nd fiddle to Hamilton at McLaren would be something he really wanted, not if the alternative is number 1 status at a team you've just won the wdc with and feel at home.

Where did you read that?

Everything that I read suggests that the prime reason Button wasn't happy with his negotiations over a seat at Brawn in 2010 was because of salary. Lets not forget that Button did go for less money when the team was facing financial difficulties - now being world champion and ensuring financial stability at Brawn because of it, he wanted more than they had offered him.

Just to add:
If money had not been the issue and Brawn/Mercedes GP would have offered what Button wanted, I am pretty sure Button would stay at his team he's been part of since 7 seasons. I don't think playing 2nd fiddle to Hamilton at McLaren would be something he really wanted, not if the alternative is number 1 status at a team you've just won the wdc with and feel at home.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80208

I think Button has got bad advice again. It wouldn't be the first time.

Kimi looks like he might be talking to Brawn, that might be a good move for him rather than taking a year out and then not getting back in.

Button just want you guys to acknowledge him that he's a good driver.. at least on par with Hamilton. This is the biggest opportunity to do it... :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80208

I think Button has got bad advice again. It wouldn't be the first time.

Despite what is being said in that interview, I don't quite believe that Brawn/Mercedes GP offered more than what he is rumoured to be getting at McLaren. Reading the press over the last few weeks (actually, since the season ended), Button has indicated that he wasn't happy with his proposed salary. I do believe that this is the reason why Brawn proposed giving more freedom in regards to press and promotional stuff where Button would be able to make more money despite a lower salary.

Back