Formula 1 - 2010 Season

If he sits out 2010, it'd be his and his management own damn fault. If they cannot get real and stop pretending that the Santander money doesn't exist when negotiating with other teams, they can just fuck off.

Apparently Kimi get's more money from Ferrari/Santander if he doesn't drive anywhere next year. The amount of money he get's on top of his Ferrari salary is 17 Million $ if he doesn't drive and 10 Million $ if he drives somewhere else. Maclaren is apparently offering Kimi only 3.5 Million euros for next season, so he would be making more money by not driving. Of course Kimi already has so much money that this would hardly be the end of the world for him, but still it seems like Maclaren is trying to go quite cheap on him. Source for this is a finnish TV channel.

Apparently Kimi get's more money from Ferrari/Santander if he doesn't drive anywhere next year. The amount of money he get's on top of his Ferrari salary is 17 Million $ if he doesn't drive and 10 Million $ if he drives somewhere else. Maclaren is apparently offering Kimi only 3.5 Million euros for next season, so he would be making more money by not driving. Of course Kimi already has so much money that this would hardly be the end of the world for him, but still it seems like Maclaren is trying to go quite cheap on him. Source for this is a finnish TV channel.
Either he is passionate about driving and winning and fighting for championships or he just wants to eat ice cream and drink Coke.

Of course, he shouldn't go there for free, but he should not pretend that $10 million is not serious money.

Either he is passionate about driving and winning and fighting for championships or he just wants to eat ice cream and drink Coke.

Of course, he shouldn't go there for free, but he should not pretend that $10 million is not serious money.

I'd bet money that he is going drive Maclaren next year. So more ice cream and Pepsi Max for ME!

I'd bet money that he is going drive Maclaren next year. So more ice cream and Pepsi Max for ME!
I hope you are right, because it would be awesome to see him and Lewis battle it out against Fernando and Felipe.

And Jens and Nico, and Seb and Mæhhhk.

I hope you are right, because it would be awesome to see him and Lewis battle it out against Fernando and Felipe.

And Jens and Nico, and Seb and Mæhhhk.

And what's best, is that apparently lewis favours oversteering car too, so the car should be more or less fitting to both of their styles

Mercedes buying Brawn

Likely to be a Rosberg/Heidfeld line-up as well, which isn't exactly a surprise.

Will this be the first time that the reigning constructor and driver champions lose both drivers during the off-season?

Apparently McLarne will still run the same silver (with Vodaphone red) colour scheme. I wonder if Brawn will run the same type of high visibility silver that McLaren does - I remember McLaren being quite proud when they developed that.

Now we will have 3 works teams in F1: Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault. This is down from 6 in 2008 and down from 5 in 2009.

McLaren will still get engines for Mercedes until they themselves can build up their engine department and become a car manufacturer in their own right, and thus a works team.

There's still a cloud over Renault's F1 plans, but I am with Joe Saward on this: I hope they won't pull out and I think Carlos Ghosn, aka Le Cost Cutter, is too intelligent to just drop it now. If he was going to drop it, he would have dropped it earlier.

And breaking news: Button appears to be heading for McLaren. Maybe.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/well-maybe-jenson-is-going-to-mclaren/

I'm getting pretty worried that Kimi won't be driving next year in F1, please let that not be true.

There has been some rumors that Citroën has offered him twice the salary of the world champion (already couple years I think?) Loeb

Lol well its his own fault really. But will it really be true? I cant believe Brawn/Merc will go ahead with Rosberg and Heidfeld. I'm sure Rosberg is good enough if you give him some time but Heidfeld is just filler. I mean, if you can get Raikonnen, that would be a much more logical choice. They would still have their german driver and a driver already proven he can win.

Ofcourse, I suppose all depends on how bad kimi wants his money. If he leaves now I dont think we will ever see him back.

If the Button move comes off its going to be very interesting to see how Button copes at McLaren and how McLaren copes with what appears to be two very different driving sytles. On the one hand you have a car that is likely to be tailored to Hamiltons tail happy requirements, where Button appearst to like a much more balanced car; but on the other hand, McLaren have been traditionally very hard on their tires, which could play to Buttons style over the longer runs (this year his achilles heal appears to have been that the Brawn didn't work the tires hard and his driving sytle didn't either).

Button doesn't have the outright speed to keep up in qualifying with Lewis. We all know how easy it is to pass in F1. I don't expect Button to do much.

Back