Formula 1 - 2008 Season

Thats testing not racing :p he just gets in the car, plays around a bit and once he gets bored he just orders one of the other test drivers to continue :p

I'd say that was probably mental energy, if he really wanted to drive his physical condition would have certainly been good enough, if not among the top.

Could be, but that doesnt change the fact that a 38 year old body isnt in the same shape as a 25 year old body (given both are trained as f1 driver). And I think the mental energy also comes from the body for some part. If he feels his body isnt doing what he wants it anymore that will effect his mentality.

Thats testing not racing :p he just gets in the car, plays around a bit and once he gets bored he just orders one of the other test drivers to continue :p

Could be, but that doesnt change the fact that a 38 year old body isnt in the same shape as a 25 year old body (given both are trained as f1 driver). And I think the mental energy also comes from the body for some part. If he feels his body isnt doing what he wants it anymore that will effect his mentality.

Well yeah, but if there is an exception to that rule, it certainly is Schumacher instead of Mansell :LOL: come on just look at them :smile:
Maybe Schumacher just decided that it's time to let other people have a go, after all, he won 7 titles and I don't how much money he has, but enough probably... Early retirement is not that bad actually. Being a Formula one driver is much more than doing 16-19 races a season and some testing. You'll have very limited private time and if Schumacher values free time over winning yet another title while having to spend most of his time in different sponsor related events etc. it's no wonder he retired, given his overall situation. I honestly don't believe that his physical condition some how prevented him from racing.

There is a difference between his condition preventing him from racing or preventing him from racing how he wants to race. Sure he could race, and sure he'll probably do pretty well because of his skills and the car Ferrari is able to give him. But I think he feels that his body just isnt up to the job anymore of going for the #1 spot all the time and I doubt schumi is the kind of person that wants to race knowing his body isnt in the shape of getting him the #1 which he always wants.

Actually Schumacher said often "when there are youngsters out there who are able to beat me, it's time for retirement". And that's what he did.

I said it then, and i'll say it now. Shumie was forced out of the team by Monte(Fiat CEO). It's the reason why Ross took a vacation too .. cause he was pissed that Schumie got the boot. Of course it'll never be acknowledged.

US

and how do you know that?

ps: spyker has now been renamed force india
re searching for a race seat next season and will run on Wednesday and Thursday in the Silverstone-based squad’s 2007 F8-VII car alongside regular racer Adrian Sutil.
Sutil is the only driver confirmed in the team’s 2008 line-up so far, so the two-day test run will give both Liuzzi and Klien a chance to stake a claim to partner the young German.

so who do you think should get the seat?
ps: rumour has it ralf is also being considered

The one who brings in the most money.
I am in total agreement wrt. to Force India.

They will choose a merely capable driver with a large financial backing over a supremely talented driver with fewer and poorer sponsors.

If that is the choice they have, that is.

Good move for Brawn financially I expect and of course they are based in the UK so location might be good for him too.

The 2007 Honda was not good, however the 2006 was not bad so they should be able to backtrack and work out what needs to be done to fix the current car; mind you they have done it yet.

It'll seem strange not seeing him red overalls !

Barichelo&Button have contracts for 08.
And I doubt that right now, any 2-time F1 champion will want to join Honda :(

They would probably dump barichello in a instant if they can sign Alonso. If Alonso would sign with Honda? probably not. Though he still seems to be looking for his 1 year deal so he might because he cant get anything better. OTOH, he could also decide to sign up for a long term at Honda and build a team around him. MS did this to when he joined Ferrari when they wernt exactly performing great and along with todt and brawn he made it into a WDC winning team that evolved around what he wanted. Given how Alonso is so desperate for a #1 spot doing so might not even be such a strange idea.

Barichelo&Button have contracts for 08.
And I doubt that right now, any 2-time F1 champion will want to join Honda :(

There were rumour of Honda wanting to get rid of Barichello, and Alonso trying to persuade Honda to get Brawn on board to fix the team before he'd sign for them. Honda is one of the few teams with the money to buy out Barichello, would pay for Alonso, and pay out for people like Brawn to start putting a good team together.

"Return of the King"

I always disliked the guy, but the though of a return to F1 with Shumi, Hamilton, Alonso, Kimi....

All the sport needs now is a yank who can drive ;)

Return of the King: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071113203515.shtml

"Michael Schumacher, conducting his first test for the team following his retirement from the sport 12-onth ago, completed 63 laps and was fastest on the day with a best lap of 1.21.918s."

Given the car, the characteristics of that car on that circuit, and the rest of the field there, it would have been mighty pointless to have him out there if he didn't outperform Luca!

That's pretty good though seeing he always preferred the short wheelbase Ferrari's and this is now the logn wheelbase Ferrari that Massa prefers. The long wheelbase of course is a bit easier to drive ;)

Will be interesting to see the times today

Back