Formula 1 - 2008 Season

Ive emailed alonso just to let him know i have some wallpapering that needs doing, if he's interested

Last edited by a moderator:
But the Red Bull head honcho says this
"Let's see how things go," he told the newspaper. "[David] Coulthard and [Mark] Webber are 100% our drivers for 2008. But there's nothing certain in F1, only things that are very probable.

My bold.

The sticking point (along with the money), seems to be that Alonso just wants a one year contract so he can shift to a more competitive team in 2009 (maybe Ferarri), but none of the possible teams are interested in being a short term holding pattern for Alonso - they all have longer term plans.

Also a lot of teams now see Alonso as not a team player, and don't want to touch him for fear he'll become a divisive force. He didn't do himself any favours isolating himself at Mclaren, and making so many public statements against them.

That will be the day!

Schumacher won't drive for McLaren, he still has a contract with Ferrari and never really had good relations with Dennis.

Not to mention he wouldn't sign a contrat that wouldn't give him clear #1 driver seat in the team

The whole "Schumacher for McLaren" thing apparently started from some joke by some big guy @ Mercedes

The planet will explode if Schumi goes back to F1 in anything but a Ferrari.

The guy is 38, like he'll get back in a car. He didnt stop without a reason. Even if he's up to it mentally, which I dont think so as that is one of the reasons he stopped, its probably getting hard on him physically too. No matter how much you train, when you are 38 your body just isnt able to perform like its 25 anymore.

Ofcourse schumi going back to F1 is nothing more than a joke :)

There is always a exeption to the rule.

Well Schumacher was always the guy in best shape, when others were dying during the race, Michael didn't even break sweat. He could easily drive for few more years if wanted to, but he probably already got what he needed and then some.

Well his own words are that he stopped because he didnt have the energy anymore to charge himself for every race and give it his best. I dont he would have stopped racing if he felt he could still run for #1.

Well his own words are that he stopped because he didnt have the energy anymore to charge himself for every race and give it his best.

I'd say that was probably mental energy, if he really wanted to drive his physical condition would have certainly been good enough, if not among the top.

Back