Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

Hmph, you must have played it straight and fair. ^_^

Not sure what you mean.

I did try to grind to get my Soul level up, but that resulted in monotonously playing the same levels over and over again to Soul farm. I played this game in 2 1/2 - 3 weeks putting in a ton (about 6-8 hours a day while I was off) and didn't really get a satisfying feeling when I was done. I did utilize some Gamefaq walk-throughs when I was truly stuck which I hate doing.

I initially planned on playing some other classes (chose Mage), but at the end of the game I don't think I have the stomach or the time to do it again although it will be shorter now that I know what I'm doing.

Even worse, I made a mistake and got the bad ending.

Whoa !!!!! I don't have that kindof time, Dude !!! But I sure wanna check out the beautiful world ! Tell me , does the majority of the game take place in nature or in urban environments ?

Wrong genre if you are pressed for time, hehe. I believe the 40-60 hour main quest of FFXIII is actually considered short for the genre.

Anyway, there's pretty much equal amounts of natural and man-made environments in FFXIII. (with fairly smooth transitions)
By far the biggest environment is all nature, but unless you are going for side quests, you won't see the half of it.

about huge environment, Xenoblade have it good... albeit in SD.

back to FF XIII
is there a way to "Save" the paradigm?

i always make my own paradigm and very hate it when all settings back to default. Usually after cutscene, after character change, etc.

my friend suggestion is to grab a phone then take a photo of the paradigm to "save"..... ugh....

Not sure what you mean.

I did try to grind to get my Soul level up, but that resulted in monotonously playing the same levels over and over again to Soul farm. I played this game in 2 1/2 - 3 weeks putting in a ton (about 6-8 hours a day while I was off) and didn't really get a satisfying feeling when I was done. I did utilize some Gamefaq walk-throughs when I was truly stuck which I hate doing.

I initially planned on playing some other classes (chose Mage), but at the end of the game I don't think I have the stomach or the time to do it again although it will be shorter now that I know what I'm doing.

Even worse, I made a mistake and got the bad ending.

Yeah... I meant you can also use ranged attack to take down most of the bosses easily. If you have the right equipments, DS is actually not difficult.

Grinding to farm soul is what I meant by "straight and fair". I grinded in DS mainly because I was lusting after some equipments that require higher stats. I also :love: to fight the skeleton warriors.

I think I will have trouble in Dark Souls, but will figure out a way later. ^_^

about huge environment, Xenoblade have it good... albeit in SD.

back to FF XIII
is there a way to "Save" the paradigm?

i always make my own paradigm and very hate it when all settings back to default. Usually after cutscene, after character change, etc.

my friend suggestion is to grab a phone then take a photo of the paradigm to "save"..... ugh....

Yes, you should be able to create your own paradigms. Not sure why it was reset in your case.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Screenshots -- Lightning, Time Travel, Odin and More!:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/08/ffxiii_2_screens/

Famitsu.com has posted a screenshot-filled article for Final Fantasy XIII-2. The screens cover all the items that were shown in Dengeki and Weekly Famitsu this week.

The "gate" Noel refers to is a time travel gate which can be activated through the use of O-Parts. These gates are located throughout the world. Open a gate, and you can select the era and location you'd like to travel to next.

The Historiacross interface has a lot of unannounced elements. The circles appear to represent time periods and locations In the lower right of the screen is a mysterious reading: "Fragment 0/8." The upper left says "Complete 0/157." The black bar in the upper right is labeled "Gate View."

[Quite a few screenshots + descriptions showing different aspects of the game]

Historia Crux Is Final Fantasy XIII-2′s “Home Menu” According To Toriyama:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/0...-2s-home-menu-according-to-director-toriyama/

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has a time-travel system named Historia Crux, which allows you to travel back and forward through time to different space-time locations in the game. The game’s director, Motomu Toriyama, compares it to a “home menu” that is at the heart of Final Fantasy XIII-2 story. You can go forward in time, but also rewind it, to replay areas that you’ve already visited.

In a Square Enix Members interview, Toriyama says: “You will be able to freely come and go between all the areas; the game will provide not just simple environmental exploration, but also a multi-layered exploration of history through the Historia Crux.”

Elaborating further on the Historia Crux, Toriyama says that it will branch off into multiple routes depending on the player’s choices. Routes you take will have detours that you can go on to find side missions and secrets.

The creation of the Historia Crux for XIII-2 was influenced by fans who wanted a less linear experience than the one in Final Fantasy XIII. Another point of fan feedback that was taken into account for XIII-2 is that side quests are available early on, rather than only being made available in the second half of the game. Toriyama says to also expect “many strong and colourful mini-games” that you can access whenever you want by visiting certain locales via the Historia Crux.

Finally, another aspect of Final Fantasy XIII-2’s heavy focus on time travel is encountering familiar characters in different situations, depending on what time period you’re in.

Let's just hope this won't turn into another FFX-II (which essentially replaced the largely linear progression of FFX with an open,mission based structure, entirely ruining every last shred of narrative pull in the process), because that's exactly what it sounds like to me. Unfortunately I belong to the weird species that liked FFXIII for what it was.

Yeah, it's not like you ever do anything interesting in them aside from maybe taking on a bunch of unrelated side quests anyway. Side-quests in FFX essentially boiled down to getting a few special items by completing some truly asinine, not to mention absurdly frustrating minigames like winning a Chocobo race in under 0 seconds, avoiding lightning strikes for, like, half an hour, chasing after butterflies or playing "Blitzball" for literally 20 hours.

They should have moved Gran Pulse earlier in FFXIII. Many people find the first part way too draggy and emo. The story was all over the place.

But I like developers who learn from their mistakes. They usually come out stronger if they persist.

EDIT: I realized I posted in the wrong thread. The real FFXIII-2 thread is here:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=59351

My copy FFXIII arrive today. Lets see whats it all about ! Though once R3 reaches me, this will have to wait till the time I have killed enough Chimera.

https://member.eu.square-enix.com/e...el-with-final-fantasy-xiii-2s-Motomu-Toriyama

It looks as though they are allowing you to in a Mass Effect sort of fashion pick and choose story based content in a non-linear sort of way probably changing the way the story evolves in a similar fashion ( multiple endings in a Mass Effect sort of way too perhaps? ). Now, lets see if their characterization is at least half as decent as a BioWare game then I will say they've learnt a thing or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renegade_Rocks, you'll need tons of patience before you can reach the Gran Pulse nirvana. I remember scooby_dooby gave up before GP, but he's really close.

I'm not sure if you can complete the game before R3 arrives too. Better start now... ^_^

[size=-2]Do it before you get married for sure. :p[/size]

Is this the Xenoblade you are talking about ?

Sure would lie to try that out, but its on Wii, right? Any of it ever made it over to the ps3 or PC?

Oh my God!! The environments look massive! Bigger than FF13. And probably offers even more exploration too. This is what FF13 should have been in the first place probably

Looks interesting. The girl in the GAF chatroom is a Nintendo fan. She's buying Xenoblade for her Wii system. Didn't know wth she's talking about. :LOL:. Now I know !

Back