Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

Don't do it! 360's don't like being vertical, and your game discs will like it even less.

I found that out the hard way. My original NGB (Ninja Gaiden Black) disc was scratched to hell. Incidentally, that was the only problem I had with the console during the two years I had it.

What? No PS3 bundle?!?!?!?! from being a PS3 exclusive to this :p !

To be fair, the JPN console in the bundle is more of a collector's item. Problem is that most bundles went for $600+ for importers.

Don't do it! 360's don't like being vertical, and your game discs will like it even less.

My anecdotal experience is that I've had all 4 of my 360 consoles verticle over the past 3+ years with no problems. I wouldn't have it sitting any other way. To me vertical is the way Microsoft meant it to be displayed.

Tommy McClain

Ya I keep mine vertical all the time too, no problems. The only time you are going to get scratching is if you move the console, while the disc is actually spinning...but that's sort of common sense I think.

Vertical seems like the better choice to me, just because it should be cooler, with more surface area open to the surrounding air.

Regarding the chinese version, does anyone know what languages will be available. Jap voices with chinese subs? Or english voices with chinese subs? Will there be subs in other languages?

I don't think they have announced any details yet:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/07/chinese-final-fantasy-xiii-arrives-in-may/

Final Fantasy XIII will be localized into traditional Chinese and this version will be in stores by May.

Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong announced the timeline, but didn’t offer other any other details. Will the voice acting be in Chinese, Japanese or English? How is the price going to compare to the other release already out in Asia?

On FF XIII Versus:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/17/ff_versus_xiii_may_miss_e3/

In an interview featured in the latest issue of Famitsu (via a transcript posted at Square Enix fan site FF Reunion), Square Enix super producer Tetsuya Nomura said of Versus, "We were hoping to debut it at E3, but we're not sure now."

The slippage appears to be due to some changes that are being made to the world map system. "For displaying characters on the world map, we were originally planning on using the method used by FF#, with a small Noctus running about on the screen. But that didn't look too great, so we ended up switching to the method used by FF#."

Those "#" signs are presumably meant to be the roman numerals of certain games in the main Final Fantasy series, but Famitsu had to block them out. Both Famitsu and Nomura agreed that the change is a major one.

Also contributing to a potential E3 no-show for Versus are possible overlaps with other titles. Nomura said that he's currently consulting with other Square Enix producers.

I am a complete noob to FF series, I think I played FFXII for 10 mins at a friend's place, once, thats all.
Why is one game FFXII and another FFXIII Versus? :???:

I am a complete noob to FF series, I think I played FFXII for 10 mins at a friend's place, once, thats all.
Why is one game FFXII and another FFXIII Versus? :???:

The simplest explanation would be to consider them separate games in the same "universe", if you will. Along with FF13 Agito, they make up the Fabula Nova Crystals series of Final Fantasy 13. Different stories & characters, different development teams, different games, all made under a common "universe".

So there will be no special edition FFXIII PS3?

And as far as the whole Fabula Nova Crystalis stuff goes, do any of you particularly like the idea of having so many games set within a said universe? Honestly, it gets kind of annoying just like with FF7. Sure there is consumer demand for it too, but considering FNC has to prove itself worthy, I don't think Squenix should be going this route just yet until people respond completely favorably with FF13. I'm sure all the games will be vastly different, but still there's that element of negative thought upon the idea of creating franchises as opposed to getting that one game completed, polished, and released. At least Squenix has the manpower though to do this. I guess in an age where creating a new IP costs so much money and game development costs are so high, maybe it's just what these publishers think they have to do.

Okay so here is my history. I loved FF1-6. Hated 7 and 8 . But I love WRPGs

Is this going to be more open or is it like 7 where your watching cut scenes and grinding more than anything else.

As far as I know, first part is relatively linear (Not much chance for grinding ?), and second part is more open.

I will tell you more once I get the game. ^_^

Yeah that's the impression I got, the first part (extremely long intro to game with mechanics tutorial) is linear. So they can teach you the game. Arguments are that it's a wee bit too long.

Then it supposedly opens up and is more like past FF's.

Regards,
SB

Okay so here is my history. I loved FF1-6. Hated 7 and 8 . But I love WRPGs

Is this going to be more open or is it like 7 where your watching cut scenes and grinding more than anything else.

Have you played all FFs from 1-8? BTW, the cutscene/other ratio isn't that different in 6 and 7, at least in my memories....

Have you played all FFs from 1-8? BTW, the cutscene/other ratio isn't that different in 6 and 7, at least in my memories....

I played 1-6 from start to end. 7 I almost finished and 8 i quit after borrowing it from a friend.

Back