Far Cry 3

Somehow reminds me of red dead redemption.

I wonder the following: I saw thst you have some kind of XP system in this game. What can you do with XP? Unlock skills?

Don't like their final words and the intonation particularly. When they say "for xbox, ps and PC". Sounds like PC as a platform "be damned".

Graphics is poor and this game is nothing intresting, almost the same as the original Farcry which at least was a revolutionary game... This sucks.

I think as well that it looks good, will keep an eye on this one...

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds again too much like Farcry 2 where you had to drag yourself around looking for stuff to do. I'm not not a big fan of open worlds and "a hub" where you have to look for missions.

Structurally at least, FC3 sounds more like Assassin's Creed to me. Capturing bases, a skill tree, crafting - apparently there's RPG hooks everywhere.

Since you can capture terrain for the rebels in FC3, I'm going to assume that FC2's dreadful respawning enemy check points issue has been resolved as well.

The SSAO radius is hideous.
It does look very "heavy". Some people preferred it in La Noire, but I would rather have no SSAO than something so heavy.

But facial models in FC3 are sublime. They look like they are ripped out from ND's engine.

farcry3d3d11-2012-11-11-12-48-55-64jpg-f2b5f8.jpg

That face is not too realistic though...

I dunno about the other shots either, contrast isn't too pleasing, scenery detail is low (very few objects around), ground textures are washed out, and the greens and yellows of the vegetation and the sand are totally wrong as well.

So, does anybody know how the co-op campaign works? Is it the same open-world sandbox, or is it a more limited version of the world? I mean, if you can run around on a huge island full of enemies together, raiding outposts and stuff, I'd be totally down for that. If it is a somehow limited version of the game world, then maybe not.

I don't know in which other Far Cry 3 topic I posted it in, but the game got a rare 10/10 from Eurogamer ...

Back