Far Cry 3

Those points that keep popping up after every kill really seem out of place. Other then that the game is looking great.

^ ^

I'm surprised to see FC3 delve into an XP system. I think it's totally unnecessary and arguably just a device to keep you playing. If the game has good actual gameplay (like FC1 or Crysis), the XP is just an icing on the cake feature then, but could be a bitch to manage when you don't want to worry about it.

I hope it isn't tied to an upgrade system. That would go against the whole theme of surviving with whatever tools you can find.

THey must be using Dunia ! They wouldn't abandon it after just one game. Its a good engine in the way it brought open jungles to consoles while still looking good.

Make that two games. It was put to good use in James Cameron's Avatar as well. (another great looking stinker of a game)

I hope it isn't tied to an upgrade system. That would go against the whole theme of surviving with whatever tools you can find.

Agreed. I'm getting a bit sick of shooters with RPG elements tacked on. It's unnecessary for a genre that needs improvements in other areas.

That's a neat presentation! Not all the art looks great yet, but the lighting here and there looks really great, especially some of the ambient examples. Looks like they also have some PS3 specific optimisations this time.

Direct link:

http://engineroom.ubi.com/wp-content/bigfiles/farcry3_drtv_lowres.pdf

Game should please the older Far Cry fans to some extent, as it looks like both in graphical theme and freedom of movement it is much more like the first game.

That's a neat presentation! Not all the art looks great yet, but the lighting here and there looks really great, especially some of the ambient examples. Looks like they also have some PS3 specific optimisations this time.

Direct link:

http://engineroom.ubi.com/wp-content/bigfiles/farcry3_drtv_lowres.pdf

Game should please the older Far Cry fans to some extent, as it looks like both in graphical theme and freedom of movement it is much more like the first game.

Great presentation and awesome tech, especially i like that they also cared about PC and implemented GI from dynamic lights and even higher precision for their volume textures.

I have a feeling this game might go sub HD especially with all the inclusion of HDR, SSAO, GI and Deferred rendering. It's good to see they have done some optimization on the PS3 though.

Me too. However, if they succeed with all that, along with being open world game, than thats great accomplishment. We also have to see how AC3 will turn out, seems like Ubi is getting serious with visual quality of their games late in gen.

New Trailer with gameplay. Still watching :) ! think I am gonna love love this game :love: except for the profanities , that is !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back