Fallout 3

Its not just you. Fallout 1 & 2 are much better games imo, i actually played through FO2 a year ago or so, so its still fresh in memory. Fallout 2 was a much larger, longer , and imo more interesting game. The feel of freedom is imo bigger, the dialoge is much better, and quests can be solved in many many more ways.

FO3 is pretty good, but imo the story is rather crappy and the dialoge at times is just terrible.

I'm not sure if I'd say the story is crappy. Like I said, if it was called anything else other than Fallout 3. Like I don't know, Post Apocalyptic Radiation Wandering Simuation or something I'd like it a whole lot better. But being called Fallout, there's just certain expectations of what it'd be like and a history to live up to.

I'm still working through it, but everytime I play it, I can help but think, "Well, it's Fallout kinda, but not as good."

Sorta like if they released a new Planescape Torment but then made it first person using D&D 4.0 (World of Warcraft wannabe) rules with a more limited world and limited storyline.

Meh, probably just me and a handful of other old school RPGers. :D

I can totally see how people new to the Fallout franchise would totally love the game however.

Regards,
SB

Sorta like if they released a new Planescape Torment but then made it first person using D&D 4.0 (World of Warcraft wannabe) rules with a more limited world and limited storyline.

Meh, probably just me and a handful of other old school RPGers. :D

I would personally love to revisit the Planetscape world as well as the original Baldurs Gate world in modern rpgs, though while I would welcome AD&D 4.0, I dont think I would enjoy the notion of a first person view.

Us "old schoold rpgers" still have quite a bit of life left in us. :cool:

new Broken steel DLC is out, raising the limit to 30 (doubling the XP from 0-20) and adds new quests, weapons, enemies and locations... etc...

This is by FAR my Game of The Generation.... I have found an new affection and respect for this in every capacity of gaming.

new Broken steel DLC is out, raising the limit to 30 (doubling the XP from 0-20) and adds new quests, weapons, enemies and locations... etc...

This is by FAR my Game of The Generation.... I have found an new affection and respect for this in every capacity of gaming.

Just to verify, Broken Steel is required to raise the level cap, right?

We are pleased to announce that Fallout® 3 downloadable content (DLC) is coming to PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system. We have been working on implementing it for a while and look forward to bringing it to PS3 gamers via the PlayStation Network. Operation: Anchorage will be released for PS3 in late June, followed by the release of The Pitt and Broken Steel 4-6 weeks apart. Release dates will be forthcoming.

In addition, a new update will be released for PS3 that will allow users to download and play the new DLC. The release date for that update will be announced at a later date.

There are also two new DLCs planned for all three platforms:

· Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.

· Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.

Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.

Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout.

Finally, new Fallout 3 products will be available at retail this year.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on May 26.

The Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August.

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 are not possible and the DLC will only be available for download online via PlayStation Network.

A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2009/5/19-64

Who didn't see this coming? These GOTY versions make me not to want to buy Bethesda stuff until the following year.

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 are not possible and the DLC will only be available for download online via PlayStation Network.

That's kind of odd, isn't it? I wonder the reason behind this.

Glad to hear about the 360 retail disc. I was just about to break down and buy some Live point cards (since I refuse to add my credit card to any MS service again, like Live! or MSN Direct). I'll just wait for the disc.

I know Oblivion had a ton of mods on the PC. Did Fallout3 get the same treatment? I'd like to play through it and the DLC as part of the GOTY edition and if the PC version has mods, I'll go for that.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/984/984127p2.html

IGN: Why is it that the first three pieces of DLC are finally hitting the PS3? Was it a timed exclusivity deal, or was something else worked out?

Todd Howard:
It's mostly the workload on us. Based on our Oblivion experience, it was clear that Xbox users were much more comfortable buying content, by a wide margin. It's a lot of work to get them ready for a particular platform and now that they've been so popular, we want to get them on the PS3. And there's obviously been a lot of frustration on the part of PS3 owners, who don't feel they are getting the total Fallout 3 experience, and we don't want that to happen. We want everyone to have everything, but we still need to set priorities so we can use our development time wisely.

IGN: Was the eventual PlayStation 3 release for the existing DLC always in the works, or was it something that came up after the fact?

Todd Howard:
We always wanted to do it, but until it actually looks like it will happen, we don't want to make promises. We've been working on it and they aren't done yet so it's going to take time for each DLC to be moved over to the PS3 and work well. As a result there will still be a month or so gap between each one once they start hitting on the PS3.

IGN: Will Operation Anchorage, Broken Steel or The Pitt on PS3 feature any changes from what we saw in the Xbox 360 versions?

Todd Howard:
No, we want to keep the content the same across platforms.

IGN: Are there going to be new Trophies for all of the content on PlayStation 3?

Todd Howard:
Hopefully. It's something we're still working on.

IGN: Will PlayStation 3 players have to wait until Broken Steel for the level cap to be lifted?

Todd Howard:
Yes, it works the same as Xbox.

IGN: Will this be the end of downloadable add-ons to Fallout 3 or can we expect more announcements towards the end of this year?

Todd Howard:
I think this will be it. But I've thought that before too.

It's mostly the workload on us. Based on our Oblivion experience, it was clear that Xbox users were much more comfortable buying content, by a wide margin.

Marketing BS. They got paid he he is not allowed to say it. As if their experience with Oblivion on a new $600 system translates to 2008/2009. Not to mention every PS3 has a HD, not so for the magic $199 360.

It doesn't really mesh, since Bethesda was denying the DLC for PS3. Not even saying 'maybe', but straight up 'no plans'.

geez... you'd think PS3 owners would be happy about this :LOL: .

I have all 3 DLCs to date for this and they rock (especially BS) this new one in June looks to be worth it as well. You will enjoy this DLC if you like this game.

geez... you'd think PS3 owners would be happy about this :LOL: .

I have all 3 DLCs to date for this and they rock (especially BS) this new one in June looks to be worth it as well. You will enjoy this DLC if you like this game.

It's not about being happy or sad, just pointing out PR BS.

It's not about being happy or sad, .

istockphoto_2233344_emotionless.jpg

;)

Marketing BS. They got paid he he is not allowed to say it. As if their experience with Oblivion on a new $600 system translates to 2008/2009. Not to mention every PS3 has a HD, not so for the magic $199 360.

Why shouldn't it? It all depends when they started development for Fallout 3 and established the timelines for the DLC. Still not like the PS3 is going gang busters and they made a grave error by any stretch. Fallout 3 continues to sell well on the 360 going by NPD ranking and DLC is always in the "most popular" list on Live. Besides, instead of being so bitter, you can finally enjoy the content.

I may care about the DLCs if they take place in the original Fallout 3 map similar to Knights of the Nine, unlike Shivering Isles/Tribunal or even Bloodmoon

It's not about being happy or sad, just pointing out PR BS.

It's PR BS alright, but they are not denying exclusivity deal even when answering a direct question, which pretty much confirms it.
Plus, it would be highly stupid for Bethesda to release a (time) exclusive DLC without a good deal from MS.

Back