PlayStation 4: B3D User’s FAQ

Under notifications > downloads, are those the actual files, or just notifications? You're given the option to delete them. I see the 1.51 update, BF4 patch and something else in there and I'm wondering if they're safe to delete if they've already been installed.

I accidentally deleted a patch for a game while it was downloading. In that case, it appears to have deleted the actual download (as I had to re-download once I launched the game).

Imo, this is somehow quite cool:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/22/twitch-tv-late-night-tv-broadcast/

Sony could market this a bit and provide some extensions to make it even better...streaming your own show so easily could be huge nowadays...

So, I demand a B3D live show once a week in the style of Waynes World :)

Yeah, I saw that, pretty crazy. And technically, they're still in a game (Playroom), or else the show would have been banned by twitch already. But this got the attention of a lot of press by now, and even Yoshida tweeted about it.

I'd be game though. ;)

Anyway, this probably isn't the right thread.

I just saw it today.

When Sony and the game developers add the ability to join the game in-play, it's going to be even more interesting.

I read that you could. The real question is what sort of edit operations are allowed. I have read on GAF that clipping is possible. People may not need the full 15 minutes.

I've seen in the IGN live stream how editing works. There is a selection of time periods (don't remember exactly the numbers, but something like 30s, 20s, 10s, 5s, 1s) and video thumbnails are sown according to the selected time. You can pick start and end of the video, then make period smaller and amend the sharing part more precisely if required.

I've seen in the IGN live stream how editing works. There is a selection of time periods (don't remember exactly the numbers, but something like 30s, 20s, 10s, 5s, 1s) and video thumbnails are sown according to the selected time. You can pick start and end of the video, then make period smaller and amend the sharing part more precisely if required.

I guess you do it at upload time, but you cannot edit and save to disk?

Can someone confirm this: my local ps4 revewer says u cannot pause the downloads ! :oops:

Is that true ? If yes it means i cannot download BF4 's 40gb ever as there's no way to do it one go with my net plan. Pease someone confirm this.

I heard something about that all downloads run in parallel, only being able to select a download that you want to prioritize after which all others pause ... So that may be true.

I heard something about that all downloads run in parallel, only being able to select a download that you want to prioritize after which all others pause ... So that may be true.

So theresa wa y to pause? Just keep a dummy download , bring to the top of the que and when ur preferred download pauses, turn off the ps4. Can that be done?

Weird that such a simple thing isn't there on launch.

It's a bit of an understandable oversight, since parallel downloading is new for consoles (the One doesn't do this afaik, sticks to one by one?) and then it is more efficient to select one that you want to prioritise rather than pause all the others. But your case of course still requires a pause, perhaps even a pause all (which is also new).

This might be a nice feature to ask for, for people with bandwidth caps - being able to schedule a download?

Remark/addition:

After you replace the HDD and power-up again with an USB drive, you should select option 7 in safe mode (reinitialise system). The option as suggested in the overview gives a nice system error and suggests to call Sony.

Bitstreaming audio for Blu-rays works. After you started playback, hit options and change the audio output option from PCM to bitstreaming. I managed to get Dolby TrueHD out of it.

Remark/addition:

After you replace the HDD and power-up again with an USB drive, you should select option 7 in safe mode (reinitialise system). The option as suggested in the overview gives a nice system error and suggests to call Sony.

You need a big update for that. Have you used it, not the one which is 300MB in size?

What is option 7? I swapped my 5400rpm 500Gb drive for a 7200rpm 1Tb drive when my PS4 arrived and I'd already prepared a USB stick with the 1.51 update on it and had the USB stick inserted when I turned it on.

When I turned on my PS4 - I'd forgotten to hold down the POWER button for 7 seconds like the Sony guidance suggests - the PS4 stated that the drive wasn't prepared and prompted me to insert a USB drive with firmware on and press X. I pressed X and it began installing. I didn't get any menu!?!?! :???: Is the menu only when you manually start safe mode?

If you put a blank HDD it will prompt to reinitialize no problem. You need the full 900MB file on USB (Sony calls it the Recovery as opposed to the Update), you also need the version equal or higher than the previous one. If you updated to 1.51, you can't reinit a drive with the 1.50 file.

The 7 seconds press to format the drive is needed when you want to put back an HDD already formatted for PS4. Otherwise it will boot it normally but then PSN won't work (it seems to be security related, only the latest drive that you formatted will work).

I manually booted to safe mode and chose option 7 when I put a blank HDD in, as per Sony's instructions. It will prompt you to install the OS when you boot up normally?

Option 7 is: "Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)".

Back