PlayStation 4: B3D User’s FAQ

Ah thanks, that;s what happened in my case. Before my PS4 arrived I'd already been to the Sony support page and downloaded the full 1.51 firmware install.

I was impressed at how quick and seamless it was compared to PS3. And gotta that PlayStation screw holding the HDD cage in place :smile:

Could someone please repost what games are coming out in the near and far future? I am having trouble finding it and thought it might be appropriate for this topic too.

Thanks.

Could someone please repost what games are coming out in the near and far future? I am having trouble finding it and thought it might be appropriate for this topic too.

Thanks.

That's not a bad idea. I can use that 3rd post I reserved for that.

I don't think you can at this moment.

GAF has a screenshot thread with some instructions for getting the original screenshot from Twitter and Facebook.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716795

Originally Posted by alr1ght

To get full resolution pictures from PS4 Share Button:

Twitter
Take picture URL: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZUNPEEIMAA3SRN.jpg:large
Substitute "orig" for "large"
We end up with: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZUNPEEIMAA3SRN.jpg:orig

Facebook
Open your photo album. Click picture to open it, copy URL.
If that doesn't work, click on a photo and find the "Download" button and download the full resolution picture. Upload to a lossless host, such as minus.com or abload.de (imgur will further compress the image).

Is there a way to disable auto updates for certain games?

Nope, not at present.

Would you have to delete the game installation file?

Yep.

Can someone tell me if support for video playback of USB has been added yet?

No, it has not.

Or is there any sort of timeline to when it will be added?

No officially released timeline. Plenty of speculation, hoping and complaining, however. :LOL:

Hope someone can answer my questions. I have a PS4 and PS+ for my german account. I just preordered TLoU on PSN store.

My friend is thinking about buying a 4 as well, he has an austrian psn account.

- when I put my ps+ account on his ps4, can he download TLoU as well? Is there still game sharing on PS4? Does it matter if he is in Austria and I am in Germany?

- is it sufficient for him to have a ps+ account on his ps4 to play online with his own account?

Thanks!

AFAIK, you can still have the same game copied on two machines. You put your account on his PS4, download the game, and anyone on that PS4 can play it including online with you. There shouldn't be a regional impact as people were sharing internationally in the first days of PS3, and certainly not as you're both in the same region.

I suppose it only really matters if your friend will only get a PS4 if he can game share TLoU. Otherwise, if he's getting a PS4 anyway, try it. Worst that can happen is you either don't play online or your friend has to get a copy of TLoU too. ;)

Hope someone can answer my questions. I have a PS4 and PS+ for my german account. I just preordered TLoU on PSN store.

- when I put my ps+ account on his ps4, can he download TLoU as well? Is there still game sharing on PS4? Does it matter if he is in Austria and I am in Germany?

- is it sufficient for him to have a ps+ account on his ps4 to play online with his own account?

Thanks!

Game sharing has changed from the PS3 and the long and short of it is that you can no longer activate a game on 2 different consoles anymore without any usage restrictions.

Here's how it works:

• You can activate any 1 PS4 as your "primary" console.
  • A PSN account's primary console allows any of that account's downloaded content to be played without any usage restrictions by any other account (local or PSN) on that PS4 and that PS4 only.
  • You can log into any PS4 with your PSN account, and play any of your downloaded content. These are considered non-primary consoles.
  • The downloaded content on non-primary consoles can only be played while the licensed PSN account is logged in. Which means the content cannot be played without access to PSN.
  • If I'm not mistaken, another account can still play the content, but the licensed account has to also be logged in at the same time (you can actively log in up to 4 accounts on a PS4 at the same time).
  • For PS+ members, some of the PS+ benefits are shared with all PSN accounts on the PS+ member's primary console.
  • This includes the ability to play online games on the PS4. Save data auto-upload is not included as a shared benefit.

You'd have to forgo the benefits of setting your own console as the primary console in order to accomplish what you want. Your friends console would be set as your primary console, allowing him to play online using the shared usage rights granted by your PS+ account and you would have to forgo the ability to play your downloaded content when PSN is unavailable (as it does a license check).

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!

If he's a good friend and you can trust him with your account details then he can play the game logged in to your account. But playing at the same time will be difficult and afaik playing each other online not possible.

Thanks a lot guys!! My friend bought a PS4, regardless of the sharing stuff. He also ordered a new SSD-HDD for his PS4. We will try it out at one point and see how it works. I only have one account on my PS4. In this case, is it guaranteed that my PS4 is set to the primary console? Can I verify somehow if this is the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one account on my PS4. In this case, is it guaranteed that my PS4 is set to the primary console? Can I verify somehow if this is the case?

Follow the instructions here to learn how to activate and de-activate a PS4 as your primary console. From that you should be able to discern whether its your PSN account's primary system. Also, based on the wording of you question, I want to make sure its clear that the primary console is done on a per account basis. A single PS4 can be the primary console for multiple PSN accounts. A single PSN account can only have 1 primary console, however.

Follow the instructions here to learn how to activate and de-activate a PS4 as your primary console. From that you should be able to discern whether its your PSN account's primary system. Also, based on the wording of you question, I want to make sure its clear that the primary console is done on a per account basis. A single PS4 can be the primary console for multiple PSN accounts. A single PSN account can only have 1 primary console, however.

Thanks a lot!!

Back