F1 '06 (PS3) new pics

I'm saying that probably they took a huge screenshot and then they downsampled it or maybe they took many screenshots from the same POV slighty jittering the camera position and accumulating them into a final screenshot. Both techniques are useful to reduce aliasing artifacts..

Ah ok, thanks for your thoughts. The bit I was most worried about was whether the tyres would have that quality of lighting on them, so it's a relief to hear that they probably will..

Great physics and lighting effects. Is it hard to use volumetric lighting in the games? Why every game doesn't use it?

i dont think its a matter of difficulty , its a matter of prioritising the % of power you have to distribute .

I'm saying that probably they took a huge screenshot and then they downsampled it or maybe they took many screenshots from the same POV slighty jittering the camera position and accumulating them into a final screenshot. Both techniques are useful to reduce aliasing artifacts..

You're probably right, but the crazy thing is the game looks just like those screenshots. At least the demo does. The jaggies are basically non existent.

Oh and sorry fellas for not posting the youtube video. I was in a rush. :smile:

Here's the gametrailers version of the video.

Right click and save as....
http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_f1_ps3_indepthfeaturette.wmv

1df3b4087e.jpg

a887cbe854.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
.. we have seen Schumi the last few yrs when finally someone made a competitive car he hasnt been able to win.

LOL.

I take it you haven't followed F1 very closely at all.

Spain 1996 > *.

Back on topic, I don't know why but the game has suddenly got a bit of a vaseline type filter in the last couple of screens mckmas posted. Is that just a JPEG effect?

Do these game sell well in the UK? I know they are releasing it in the US but to be honest I think it may bomb since they are all about NASCAR over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these game sell well in the UK? I know they are releasing it in the US but to be honest I think it may bomb since we they are all about NASCAR over here.

And I wonder why. All NASCAR racers are the same. Spinning around a limited round track. WRC and F1 for the win ;)

Back