F1 '06 (PS3) new pics

To think that the original schedule for this game dictated a March 2006 gold master...

I lost a front wing due to hitting a wall pretty hard, and it modelled it, both visually and in driving performance. (this is the PSN demo). Yes you have to enable it in the realism options.

When someone gets a paycheck of roughly one million dollars a week I dont think this is all that bad (electronics do most of the driving these days anyway, check out the old rain races if you want to see true driverskills). Especially is you count in that is seems the FIA plans the races in such a way there is a very small chance of a rain race.

I lost a front wing due to hitting a wall pretty hard, and it modelled it, both visually and in driving performance. (this is the PSN demo). Yes you have to enable it in the realism options.

Where is this option ? I can't seem to find it :p

That's odd. I can only access the "Driving Aids" submenu in "Options". The rest (Screen Layout, Camera Options, Controls, Display Settings and Audio Settings) are blurred out.

Under "Race", I can only see "Quick Race". Within it, I can choose driver, team, circuit, difficulty and race options (10% or 3 laps). That's it. :(

That's odd. I can only access the "Driving Aids" submenu in "Options". The rest (Screen Layout, Camera Options, Controls, Display Settings and Audio Settings) are blurred out.

Under "Race", I can only see "Quick Race". Within it, I can choose driver, team, circuit, difficulty and race options (10% or 3 laps). That's it. :(

In the quick race menu, right before you start a race. Check the difficulty settings menu. You should have damage and AI settings there. Weather as well.

Ok, I'm officially stupid. Didn't realize all the interesting settings are there.

I played through 2 rounds with both damage and "heavy rain" effects on. Looks promising but I hope they improve the rain effect more.

Ok, I'm officially stupid. Didn't realize all the interesting settings are there.

I played through 2 rounds with both damage and "heavy rain" effects on. Looks promising but I hope they improve the rain effect more.

What do you want it to be like? What changes would you ask for? Just curious.

One thing that I'd like, which isn't in based on the videos I've seen, is that the raind droplets on your "screen" would be something more than just overlayed animations - I mean, there was a good video about the raining weather on the game somewhere, but when they switched the cameras all around, the droplets never changed even one bit, always the same in same spots, no matter which camera was used.
And I want "visor view" aka view from the cockpit with even some feeling of being behind a visor, and I don't want the rain coming on it to look on my TV the exact same as it looks if I suddenly change to, say, behind the car view.

Em.... more like real rain. The current streaks are not so random (and not as lifely). It may be construed as nitpicking... but I'm aiming for "indistinguishable from real rain" standard. I want my little boy to start rubbing the screen when he sees this.

The Resistance's glass effect is pretty close to the real thing. I just hope that this rain effect can achieve similar level of standard. It's probably very difficult to do, so ignore me. :)

When someone gets a paycheck of roughly one million dollars a week I dont think this is all that bad (electronics do most of the driving these days anyway, check out the old rain races if you want to see true driverskills). Especially is you count in that is seems the FIA plans the races in such a way there is a very small chance of a rain race.

How much are they paid per race?

How much are they paid per race?

They're not paid per race, they're paid by year, which involves racing, testing and pr-stuff, the couple top drivers are in the 20-30 million euros area, but it doesn't include personal sponsors they always get on top of that [tongue] (there's no facts for this, but rumors have been floating on Kimi Räikkönen, who will be the best paid driver in 2007, to get anything between 19mil eur and 35mil eur for the season)

And then some drivers, in the worst teams, actually pay few millions per season to get to drive

Well it is public knowledge that Michael Shumacher made hundreds of millions during his career, mainly from sponsors, but also from the amazing track record he had.

Well it is public knowledge that Michael Shumacher made hundreds of millions during his career, mainly from sponsors, but also from the amazing track record he had.

Yeah but there's no official numbers per se, the "strongest rumor" is 35million euros for his last season, don't know wether it was with or without his personal sponsors or not.

The price for 0.5 sec pr round is cheap if you get it from the driver compared to the development of the car.

Yeah but there's no official numbers per se, the "strongest rumor" is 35million euros for his last season, don't know wether it was with or without his personal sponsors or not.

That's just from Philip Morris, that's his base Ferrari salary. When you add personal sponsorship from the variety of deals he has, it's well into the $75-80mn mark. IIRC There was a point during seasons 2000-2001 where he was estimated to have earned well over $100mn. Best guesses are still from Forbes' ranking.

Back