EVGA terminates relationship with NVIDIA; cites disrespectful treatment

They didn't quit "at this point" though, they did it back when everyone was packing money from mining sales suggesting that whatever was their reasoning it had nothing to do with Nvidia.
Err, they explicitly stated it's because of NVIDIA, one of the reasons being not being told final prices before they were announced publicly by NVIDIA at launch.

AFAIR Steve from GN didn't believe it either, and no one who was paying any attention should. You did though, and yes, this doesn't surprise no one.
Here's direct quote from Steve from GN: "So EVGA complaints about NVIDIA we think are valid. So complaints about them not receiving information prior to Jensen Huang getting on stage and announcing the part, that's a little ridiculous and it is a problem. So that's a valid complaint."
Please refresh your memory next time better.

They didn't quit "at this point" though, they did it back when everyone was packing money from mining sales suggesting that whatever was their reasoning it had nothing to do with Nvidia.
They said NVIDIA is the reason they quit making GPUs, effectively ending the company. They were always a cut above all the other AIBs in my experience. Of course anyone could be lying but there's no reason for me to doubt them.

In any case it's no secret that NVIDIA treats its board partners like unwanted stepchildren. Seems like an awful company to be reliant on. Good on eVGA for ending an abusive relationship.

Do we have a Rubin speculation thread?
Also lol at "300 GPU series".

They said NVIDIA is the reason they quit making GPUs, effectively ending the company.
Which is what was disputed by Steve and what I don't believe at all.

Of course anyone could be lying but there's no reason for me to doubt them.
Well that's your choice - to trust one interested side in a two side story.

In any case it's no secret that NVIDIA treats its board partners like unwanted stepchildren. Seems like an awful company to be reliant on. Good on eVGA for ending an abusive relationship.
Evga lost 80% of their revenue from this "good move" and if it was an Nvidia problem then they would've switched to AMD and/or Intel. It is rather clear that the decision was not made because of how Nvidia treated them, and yeah it is a secret how Nvidia treat its board partners - again you're choosing to believe a side in a two-side story which only shows your own bias.

Of course they knew it would kill the company. Maybe we will never know the exact reason why they did it. If there are competing theories other than "sick of being NVIDIA's bitch" I'd love to hear them, maybe in a different thread.

That's a bit different from the reason why they left the GPU market as a whole. I believe the major reason eVGA did not continue in the GPU market with another IHV was the business model is basically the same, if not more restrictive due to geographical restrictions on where they could sell. I can't blame eVGA for wanting increased margins and if we assume nVidia complied it would have meant striking similar deals with the other AIBs. To me if was almost a catch-22 scenario where even if nVidia wanted to do eVGA good if would have possibly meant a reduction in revenues with all their AIB partners.

That's a bit different from the reason why they left the GPU market as a whole. I believe the major reason eVGA did not continue in the GPU market with another IHV was the business model is basically the same, if not more restrictive due to geographical restrictions on where they could sell. I can't blame eVGA for wanting increased margins and if we assume nVidia complied it would have meant striking similar deals with the other AIBs. To me if was almost a catch-22 scenario where even if nVidia wanted to do eVGA good if would have possibly meant a reduction in revenues with all their AIB partners.
Edit: RPSC :)

Last edited:
I think the EVGA situation is too bizarre for there to be a single straightforward explanation - NVIDIA’s treatment obviously played a role but that doesn’t explain essentially closing shop (unless the company was simply unprofitable at that point - I have no idea). Weird and very unfortunately situation.

Back