EVGA terminates relationship with NVIDIA; cites disrespectful treatment

just came here to post.

This is crazy wow. Goign to be really interesting to see what happens with EVGA and AMD

i know they said they are done with all video cards. But it seems so odd they wouldn't go to AMD or perhaps amd will reach out ?

Heh, I was wondering what the deal was with the garbage pricing and inventory management in the wake of the crypto crash... Nvidia didn't rebate pricing for partners, lul. The next several months is going to be quite entertaining.

Edit: Also clear that they jacked up pricing to make bank on the crypto market, while pretending to care about the people who made them and kept them in business for decades. F-em.

Last edited:
Wow this is a a megaton! EVGA was always my go-to Nvidia brand of choice.

Clearly Nvidia wants to sell their own Founders GPUs instead so they can make that sweet sweet markup.....

Wowww well that’s unexpected. Did Nvidia hike prices to AIBs during the crypto boom and are leaving them holding the bag?

Shocking, and my poor pleb mindset as a customer was almost convinced by the usual preachers around here it was us customers getting screwed who felt so self entitled and now even long time partner CEO's feel entitled, what has the world come to! :runaway:

That's terrible... most Nvidia GPUs I bought were from EVGA. I guess the Kingpin brand is dead as well :-|

This is a pretty huge deal. 80% of their revenue was from graphics cards and they won't work with NVIDIA ever again it seems. They won't be selling RTX 4000 GPUs. They also have no plans to work with Intel or AMD.

In the video, Steve thinks EVGA's story is full of holes, apparently EVGA is losing big on the retained inventory they overprovisioned during cryptoboom, some family matters with the CEO of EVGA are also to blame.

Clearly Nvidia wants to sell their own Founders GPUs instead so they can make that sweet sweet markup.....
Nah, the way the scam works is you sell a token amount of founders cards for marketing/legal purposes (maintain the illusion), while jacking up pricing to partners to gouge the crypto boom. Since the token amount of "MSRP" founders is hardly ever in stock, it doesn't really affect partner pricing.... at least until the crypto market crashes.

Note all of these 3rd party cards now "on sale" for "amazing prices" are still above MSRP despite the imminent launch of nex-gen. That's not a sale.... and they are holding inventory regardless on a 7nm gen product. Compare to CPUs, motherboards, etc. It makes no sense unless.....

apparently EVGA is losing big on the retained inventory they overprovisioned during cryptoboom
Which doesn't really add up for cards selling above MSRP and being out of inventory by the end of 2022.... unless....

Last edited:
quite shocked and in denial phase that hoping it all turns out a troll stunt.

I'd say the odds of that at this point are extremely low. There would be no upside, obviously Nvidia wasn't swayed when they heard of these plans and they won't be now.

It's not the only reason, but GPU's no longer being viable for mining is likely going to continue to cause ripples (tidal waves?) throughout this industry.

In the video, Steve thinks EVGA's story is full of holes, apparently EVGA is losing big on the retained inventory they overprovisioned during cryptoboom, some family matters with the CEO of EVGA are also to blame.

Theres probably more behind all this yes. I can imagine there were trouble before all this with EVGA and use this partially as an excuse.

It's not the only reason, but GPU's no longer being viable for mining is likely going to continue to cause ripples (tidal waves?) throughout this industry.

Only for the good for gamers.

Back