Ever REALLY miss Beyond3D's forums?

Yep, it didnt come back for me till 3am!

I was lucky, got my new headphones today (DT 250-80 mmmmm) so I was busy listening to music, but it would have been so much better listening to music on the new headphones while readint the B3D forums.

All I felt was a disturbance in The Force, like a hundred souls cried out at once. But it's alright now.

Sorry it took so long :LOL: It was a combination of post upgrades (all 760K posts were modified in some way) and me being at the quack and not here to click Next a couple of times.

It's probably a good idea to completely refresh the page in your browser, to get new CSS and any other bits you might have cached, just to make sure things look alright.

The new forum software gives us some new tools, new performance and some cool new features to think about rolling out to you all, but we'll try and do it as structured as we can. Definitely won't need to turn the forums off for a while at least!

Sorry for the wait everyone :smile:

Rys said:
The new forum software gives us some new tools, new performance and some cool new features to think about rolling out to you all, but we'll try and do it as structured as we can.

So what's new pussycat? ;-)

EDIT: BTW, noticed that quoting now includes the overall post number.

I noticed there were no more ads, will the forum continue to be ad free?
Nope, it won't. There'll be targetted ads at some point, most likely when we reskin the place away from the stock vB theme.

Nope, it won't. There'll be targetted ads at some point, most likely when we reskin the place away from the stock vB theme.

THANKS!!!
thumbsup.gif

I would say, why fix something which isn't broken?

If you have to change the colour scheme though, for God's sake make sure it's not too garish!

it was scary but i forgive yas! although, i'm exaggerating of course, it does seem a little odd when all you get is "database error" over and over. XD maybe, if you get the chance, next time, put a short post on the frontpage about it? :eek: Or did you just not realize there would be any downtime? Well, who cares. Nice to see the forum's back, and to be reskinned, woo excitin! :oops:

Edit: well, i presume you guys've noticed that the "last post" buttons aren't working? (at least, on my subscriptions page)

Edit edit: it works on new posts, but not on the last of the old posts. so it should fade away, and only be annoying when you search for old threads, if it's too hard to fix ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Noooooooooooo, we've lost the thread structure at the bottom of the page... please can we have it back?

Please don't entirely remove the option do keep using the default (or at least a clean and uncluttered forum interface) when you do. Now, ads I don't mind, but sites that attempt to cram everything but their grandmother into their forum skins (not saying that you would, of course) tend to be less rather than more usable.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

I was at work today...almost crying. My one source of information and discussion that I actually love and cherish was in a state of "Could not be found".

But that's passed, and life is good again :p

Well at least it wasn't just me.

I have been trying to refresh the page for hours on end. I finally gave up went to bed and awoke to updated forum. Is there anyway to get the forum structure back at the bottom of the post though, it was a nice feature that I wish my other forum had...

Back