Ever REALLY miss Beyond3D's forums?

Noooooooooooo, we've lost the thread structure at the bottom of the page... please can we have it back?
Yep, that'll come back :) And yes, even if we reskin (and make the new skin the default for new signups), you'll be able to come back to this one if you wish.

There's likely a bunch of bugs here and there, since the upgrade, but we'll get round to fixing them. Let us know in Site Feedback when you spot them, so we've got a list in one place, rather than in here.

And yeah, we were a bit naive about the time it'd take to upgrade, hence no warning via a forum announcement or front page post ahead of time. Our collective bad, sorry about that!

So what's new pussycat? ;-)

EDIT: BTW, noticed that quoting now includes the overall post number.

Yeah, I think that's part of the new Multi-quote thingy, which we haven't turned on yet. Basically, it allows you to select multiple posts at once to quote from in a reply. Quite handy, methinks, once in awhile. Just as soon as we found where they are hiding it. ;)

Edit: And speak of the devil, there it is, right next to the old Quote button. Oh, and having the reply as part of the quote gives you that little carrot so you can actually go right to the post being quoted from. Spiffy!

I got bored and started reading some threads over at EB. I think it damaged part of my brain.;)

Didn't we have multi-quoting years ago? I thought it was terrible when people started quoting entire pages.
Anyhoo, I certainly like the new rep method (opens a mini-window instead of going to another page).

I wonder how much money I saved by turning off my computer during the last couple days.

Duh, I spent some. New TV, new digicam and another guitar :oops:

Rys should pay for those! You made me do it! :p

Oh wow, multi-quoting. This is going to end badly in some threads...

Multi-quoting is one thing. Inner/outer is still a no-no. Folks who do much of that will no doubt hear about it.

Nested quotes are still not welcome. :smile:

Oh wow, multi-quoting. This is going to end badly in some threads...

Multi-quoting is one thing. Inner/outer is still a no-no. Folks who do much of that will no doubt hear about it.

Nested quotes are still not welcome. :smile:

Why? I mean I can understand why it's bad form to quote half a thread with quotes within quotes within quotes all the way back to The Bible... but given that we don't have a tree-like thread display here, and that topics here routinely evolve into several parallel sub-threads, quotes within quotes is pretty much the only sensible way to maintain context in some cases IMO.

"in some cases" would be the key phrase there. The new carrot leading back to the original post on quotes should help with that as well, if folks feel a need to backtrack.

Like anything else, I imagine it will be a matter of providing feedback if abuse is perceived.

Have you seen AnandTech forums? My ghod what a nested quote horror show! :???:

anyone wanna sell me a Rickenbacker? ;_;

No, but I got a brand new Van Halen 1984 reissue Kramer for sale if you're interested... :)
Though maybe you're looking for something like this?

The first one is a 1962 Klira and the other is a 1979 Eko. Both not for sale, of course.

Plays like hell too
headbang.gif

Pimpage:

Last edited by a moderator:
that's pretty cool, but not for sale!? >:O actually, i wouldn't be too interested in either of those since they're solid bodies, but wow, i've never even heard of klira, the eko looks gorgeous, just sweet.

It's a sixties german brand, very nice. And if you look closely, you'll see that the orange stuff covering it is leather. Leather, baby!!!
headbang.gif

Not for sale because they're both a part of me :) and also rarities. There are less than 1000 of those Eko worldwide.

Back