Series X Refresh and Next Generation Xbox Hardware

Those are the things that peak my curiosity too. Even with internal studios though, they'll be on Series consoles for at least another game or two. It precludes going all out on something like that unless we get those sort of NPCs in smaller projects from the likes of Obsidian and Ninja Theory.

(Without veering OT, I do think we'll still see smaller and medium sized projects from MS Studios)

It doesn't have to be that way. Xbox 360 games didn't show up on the Xbox and Switch games didn't show up on the wii u.

IF MS breaks out of generations they can simply move past the series consoles quickly. That or mark games that require specialized hardware to xcloud only on the series. The other option would be to simply remove the functionality and allow the AI stuff only on pc and xbox next

Infact that third option is a way to squash them going 3rd party rumors. If the ai functionality requires an NPU or AMD NPU cores or Functionality only on RDNA4/5 that PS5 Pro and switch 2 don't have then there isn't much of an issue. Buy Xbox Next /xcloud /pc(with an npu or amd cpu or something) to get AI companions in Elder Scrolls 7 or play it on xbox series without the AI tech and then 2 years later on ps5 pro without the ai tech.

IF MS breaks out of generations they can simply move past the series consoles quickly. That or mark games that require specialized hardware to xcloud only on the series. The other option would be to simply remove the functionality and allow the AI stuff only on pc and xbox next

Infact that third option is a way to squash them going 3rd party rumors. If the ai functionality requires an NPU or AMD NPU cores or Functionality only on RDNA4/5 that PS5 Pro and switch 2 don't have then there isn't much of an issue. Buy Xbox Next /xcloud /pc(with an npu or amd cpu or something) to get AI companions in Elder Scrolls 7 or play it on xbox series without the AI tech and then 2 years later on ps5 pro without the ai tech.
This. I would put a good amount of money on it now that it will be so.

Back