EUROs ,who is buying a ps3 on launch ?

PAL PS3

• Total voters
Okay, I'm in, see you after working down this pile:
console-heaven.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I am a bit underwhelmed honestly... besides the car GThd doesn't look all that hot (though i had to gigle at all the ps2esque shimmering) and the big black lady doesn't recoginze my iPod...:cry:

Hmm I am a bit underwhelmed honestly... besides the car GThd doesn't look all that hot (though i had to gigle at all the ps2esque shimmering) and the big black lady doesn't recoginze my iPod...:cry:

It can't read Apple's proprietary indexing format. (Probably because Apple won't let them, not because it's difficult)

But from your PC if you create a folder called "MUSIC" on your Ipod, and just put a bunch of MP3's in there, the PS3 will be able to play them.

I do not get those people who bothered to stand in line for the midnight release when there's such a strong supply and they got work today.
Picking one up after works makes so much more sense to me.

I think the possibility of getting some 'gift' from them was a lure, remember how the 1st guy at the japan launch got his PS3 for free? I thought they might do something simular for the uk launch (@ the virgin store central london), but wow:eek:, I really didn't expect this...

Sky News said:
More than 100 diehard gamers attended ... The fans were given a surprise when Sony announced that everyone in the queue would receive a £2,000 46-inch flat panel TV free.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1257200,00.html

Really makes me wish I'd bothered going :mad:

I do not get those people who bothered to stand in line for the midnight release when there's such a strong supply and they got work today.
Picking one up after works makes so much more sense to me.

More than 100 diehard gamers attended ... The fans were given a surprise when Sony announced that everyone in the queue would receive a £2,000 46-inch flat panel TV free.

Aaand you were saying? :p

I really don't think the PS3s launch can be used as any indication of what people think about it.

In the exact same circumstances, who's to say what would've happened to the 360?

There was barely 400,000 units for the whole of Europe for launch compared to the million plus for PS3.

There is no "artificial" demand caused by ebay scalpers for starters. It is a well done launch in my opinion with absolutely no sense of panic instilled in potential buyers that they won't get a console if they aren't at the store at exactly 12:01.

According to Sony Europe, Europe got 1 million console not 400 K, France alone is supposed to get 100 K for launch days up to 150 k after 10 days.

I really don't think the PS3s launch can be used as any indication of what people think about it.

In the exact same circumstances, who's to say what would've happened to the 360?

There was barely 400,000 units for the whole of Europe for launch compared to the million plus for PS3.

There is no "artificial" demand caused by ebay scalpers for starters. It is a well done launch in my opinion with absolutely no sense of panic instilled in potential buyers that they won't get a console if they aren't at the store at exactly 12:01.
There is obviously a whole lot of PS3 available...but it looks like Europe doesn't really care (France especially). There is no denying that the launch didn't go the way Sony intended too...

There is obviously a whole lot of PS3 available...but it looks like Europe doesn't really care (France especially). There is no denying that the launch didn't go the way Sony intended too...
Give it more than 8 hours! There wasn't any need for people to line up in depseration, so a lot who would have done that may have thought to themselves 'I'll pop in after work on Friday, or Saturday after I drop the boys off at football, and pick up my PS3.'

That's when we'll start to see what demand is or isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if PS3 doesn't take off (look at XB when it launched at crazy prices in Europe. It took a price drop within weeks before it started selling) but expecting Sony to sell out a million units in an hour is just plain crazy, and calling no such mega-queues a flop is also quite extreme.

As for the TVs, I wonder what that'll do for lines at PS4's release... :D

There is no global numbers, we never get them for france only, but at the special launch event only 50 PS3 were sold. There were 1000 to be picked up.
Fnac Champs-Elysée is said to have sold 300 with 1 k in store.

Proof? Or just paraphrasing the "I heards that.." stuff floating around the fan sites? Sony went out of their way to make sure their were plenty of PS3s, is that a bad thing?

Give it more than 8 hours! There wasn't any need for people to line up in depseration, so a lot who would have done that may have thought to themselves 'I'll pop in after work on Friday, or Saturday after I drop the boys off at football, and pick up my PS3.'

That's when we'll start to see what demand is or isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if PS3 doesn't take off (look at XB when it launched at crazy prices in Europe. It took a price drop within weeks before it started selling) but expecting Sony to sell out a million units in an hour is just plain crazy, and calling no such mega-queues a flop is also quite extreme.

As for the TVs, I wonder what that'll do for lines at PS4's release... :D

As a matter of fact, the PS3 doesn't really have a lot of buzz here (in france). Nearly all of my friends (who are aged 20/35+) either didn't even know about the launch being yesterday or care because of the price..

Back