EUROs ,who is buying a ps3 on launch ?

PAL PS3

• Total voters
Give it more than 8 hours! There wasn't any need for people to line up in depseration, so a lot who would have done that may have thought to themselves 'I'll pop in after work on Friday, or Saturday after I drop the boys off at football, and pick up my PS3.'

That's when we'll start to see what demand is or isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if PS3 doesn't take off (look at XB when it launched at crazy prices in Europe. It took a price drop within weeks before it started selling) but expecting Sony to sell out a million units in an hour is just plain crazy, and calling no such mega-queues a flop is also quite extreme.

As for the TVs, I wonder what that'll do for lines at PS4's release... :D

Obviously more people will buy it that weekend but is is a PR nightmare for Sony right now as people have still in mind the queues for Wii launch past december.

Proof? Or just paraphrasing the "I heards that.." stuff floating around the fan sites? Sony went out of their way to make sure their were plenty of PS3s, is that a bad thing?

Fans sites ? uh? didn't you click on the links I posted above ? A video of the whole launch event in one and a report from the biggest French channel with the following title : PS3 launch : a Flop. fan sites ?

Originally Posted by PiNkY
Hmm I am a bit underwhelmed honestly... besides the car GThd doesn't look all that hot (though i had to gigle at all the ps2esque shimmering) and the big black lady doesn't recoginze my iPod...
It can't read Apple's proprietary indexing format. (Probably because Apple won't let them, not because it's difficult).
Can't be that Apple won't let them because the 360 can do it. I doubt Apple are going to let MS do it and not Sony (unless MS had to pay and Sony didn't want to).

Proof? Or just paraphrasing the "I heards that.." stuff floating around the fan sites? Sony went out of their way to make sure their were plenty of PS3s, is that a bad thing?
Evidently there it is :LOL:

Maybe Sony should've only brought a limited number to the stores, then told everyone there would be no more for another month and a half then we could've really weighed each launch up against each other ;)

Hum guys, your posts are insulting.:devilish:
We are posting the facts as they are shown on every TV NEWS channel not on fanboys forums. The numbers I posted are public numbers on official medias not some numbers I made up.

Can't be that Apple won't let them because the 360 can do it. I doubt Apple are going to let MS do it and not Sony (unless MS had to pay and Sony didn't want to).

I guess one more issue is Sony also has a mp3 player line up that competes directly with the iPod.

Hopefully they can come to some sort of agreement so that plugging in an ipod is totally seamless.

Obviously more people will buy it that weekend but is is a PR nightmare for Sony right now as people have still in mind the queues for Wii launch past december.

Christmas shopping season and a product that costs less than half of what the PS3 costs. It's apples to oranges.

I guess one more issue is Sony also has a mp3 player line up that competes directly with the iPod.
For that reason Apple would surely want PS3 to work seamlessly with iPod?! Otherwise there's more reason to buys Sony's effort. That may be a tactic of Sony's.

Where's the Duck game and Flow? I can't find them on the PSN Store???
Otherwise, quite an amazing experience. I've been fiddling with my PS3 now for some three hours and been very satisfied with the machine.
It didn't recognize my Creative Zen V Plus player either, with PSP it obviously had no problem.
The downloads were very very quick until the clock hit 4 pm, I guess at afternoon there wasn't yet that many PS3's downloading stuff.
Managed to dl the firmware update, gripshift, tekken, folding at home and blast factor before the connection slowed down to a crawl.

Nope.

I had every intention of buying one up untill a few weeks ago. In fact, it'll be the first console in many generations that I haven't bought at launch. :oops:

It's simply too expensive as far as I'm concerned. There's absolutely no justification for the huge (but sadly expected) European price hike. If anything, they're saving money on the hardware itself by removing the ps2 legacy stuff and doing it by emulation, yet STILL they choose to rip off the European consumer. :devilish:
Sony's arrogance towards Europe is astounding. :rolleyes:

Still, it looks like pretty much everywhere hasn't sold out, so if I do decide to pick one up sometime soon, I shouldn't have a problem getting one. You never know, maybe the non-sell-out launch will send a few signals to Sony (I seriously doubt it though :rolleyes: ).

Shame because I was looking forward to Resistance:FOM :cry:

I got it and so far I'm absolutely thrilled with it. I've done a bunch of things already - rip a CD, install Folding, setup online, start and queue some downloads, added a friend, watched a tiny bit of My girlfriend insisted on watching Brother Bear on it, on regular DVD, and even that is a big improvement for me - our previous DVD player wasn't progressive and we just got a new TV. The quality of the colors and the sound is amazing. I do notice that the brightness of the video card is set pretty high by default over the HDMI connection.

Hey I thought it was funny. Just because someone has a different opinion does not make them a troll or trolling.

Was he attacking anyone specificly? I didn't think so. Why were you so offended? :???:

I don't think he was addressing specifically that post. It's a pattern ;)

Back