EUROs ,who is buying a ps3 on launch ?

PAL PS3

• Total voters
CNN said:
"I'm going to wait, simply because I can't afford a 600-euro price tag in April and the catalogue is largely made up of games that have been out on the Xbox 360 for at least a year. Add to that I can't afford an HD (high-definition) screen," said Jolyon Leonard, a Madrid-based games developer.
(source)

Poor developers can't even afford HD TVs! This is an outrage! We need to do a pledge drive or something for these poor folk barely able to make a means making games for us.

I looked up his bio and this guy worked for SCEA on Killzone! Either he is a ex-employee, or he is going to be one by Monday. On the bright side if he does end up losing his job as a game developer over this, he might have a better shot of owning an HDTV someday.

price of High def tellys have been falling says everyone which i agree :devilish:

but how much did it actually fall??? it might not be specific, but i feel like i will never be able to buy an HDTV in a year or two :LOL:

but you guys are rich , so price shouldnt be a problem right? :cool:

Well we never said we in Europe are rich. We pointed out that in Europe we are more used to high prices. We complain less than in US. Because of this although price wont let super sales, they wont be as low as they would in US

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we never said we in Europe are rich. We pointed out that in Europe we are more used to high prices. We complain less than in US. Because of this although price wont let super sales, they wont be as low as they would in US

Why did you quote hey69?

price of High def tellys have been falling says everyone which i agree :devilish:

but how much did it actually fall??? it might not be specific, but i feel like i will never be able to buy an HDTV in a year or two :LOL:

:devilish:

Not so much I guess. You still have to spend 600 euro's for a not so big half decent quality lcd tv here in Holland.

oops quoited the wrong post. Fixed now :LOL:
I don't want to appear as a bitch, but :smile:
Even still I think he was only talking about Norwegians, as he is a European himself too. Norwegians do make a lot of money, although the prices there are also very high.

yeah thats what i meant. relatively speaking 600euro for a person from norway for a console is less expensive then 600euro for somebody from Greece or other southern countrys

:devilish:

Not so much I guess. You still have to spend 600 euro's for a not so big half decent quality lcd tv here in Holland.

:cry:

i must be only person stuck on which console to buy??? ps2, xb and gc is too late to buy, 360 and psp is too faulty, ps3 and pc are too expensive, wii is not appealing to me so as ds, and so on...

:LOL:

i must be only person stuck on which console to buy??? ps2, xb and gc is too late to buy, 360 and psp is too faulty, ps3 and pc are too expensive, wii is not appealing to me so as ds, and so on...

I would go for a ps2 then. You should be able to get one practically for free, if you try. For instance, pick one up with read errors and fix it yourself, often a real peace of cake (just clean and regrease the rails the laser platform moves on, 10 minutes work, usually does the trick. If that doesn't work, clean and/or adjust the lense).

Same with the xbox, but then you'll find yourself paying for live. ;)

Alternatively, if you can afford a 360 but not a PS3 and that's the only thing holding you back, well come-on, work a few Saturdays or something. ;)

But picking up an xbox or PS2 is what I would do in your case, especially if you haven't had a PS2 before, then why not? So many great games, so many already on budget, there's tonnes of free demo discs around, etc.

My take is assume you will spend 100 euros on hardware each year. You can spend 100 euro on a PS2 now while saving up for a PS3 (just an example, you can substitute this for Xbox). By next year, these will have dropped about the same amount in price. If you take the 'PS3-is-good-to-have-lifespan' as six years, then you'll still be spending 100 euros per year on console hardware. Or you can buy a PS3 now, and assume you've spent 100 euro for the next six years in much the same way.

X360 has a 1 year warranty.

If you live in the EU, it has 2 years by law. If you live in Scandinavia, it has 5 years, by law.

Answer to your question is: Either buy a PS2 for cheap (so many great games) or move to Scandinavia

I don't think we have something like that in Finland... We got two years for X360.

Sucks for you then. :p

I know Sweden and Norway has it, due to regulations by "Kjøpsloven" and the fact that video game consoles counts as computers, so their expected lifetime is 5 years. If the hardware breaks due to normal usage (i.e. do not use the console as a football), manufacturer has to fix it. By law =)

curious how you could actually prove that you didn't misuse the console then??? like you can never prove to them that you have NOT used a serial given to you on pc softwares... just a stupid example :devilish:

Normally in consumer law, at least in Europe, the law sides with the consumer. In your case, MS would have to prove you used it unfairly, rather than assume you were mistreating it.

curious how you could actually prove that you didn't misuse the console then???

Doesn't work that way. Console manufacturer has to prove you actually did something wrong with it.

like you can never prove to them that you have NOT used a serial given to you on pc softwares... just a stupid example :devilish:

And why would you have to prove to somebody you bought the software or not? If the serial hasn't been used several times, there is no issue.

Sucks for you then. :p

I know Sweden and Norway has it, due to regulations by "Kjøpsloven" and the fact that video game consoles counts as computers, so their expected lifetime is 5 years. If the hardware breaks due to normal usage (i.e. do not use the console as a football), manufacturer has to fix it. By law =)
Stop posting BS!

Two years it is.

Back