DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Team Ico is just a part of Japan studios where staff are commonly reassigned as needed. It's not like a whole team sitting idle.

Team Ico was clear this is what happened while they waited for last gen to end and new hardware to arrive.

Driveclub has just been one massive steaming pile of turd from the start. (Granted the game now is good)

Delayed, released in a broken state with limited content, on reflection none of the big ideas really work anyway. Does anyone really try and beat a drift record in an actual race.

And then a seasons pass which doesn't actually include all DLC which kind of defeats the object (OK, this last one probably just p's me off)

It didn't include Bikes, which has been released after the announced SP content has got into store. So everything promised was included into SP, even a little more AFAIR.

Driveclub has just been one massive steaming pile of turd from the start. (Granted the game now is good)

Delayed, released in a broken state with limited content, on reflection none of the big ideas really work anyway. Does anyone really try and beat a drift record in an actual race.

And then a seasons pass which doesn't actually include all DLC which kind of defeats the object (OK, this last one probably just p's me off)

I really do like the game in its current state, but it's hard to argue with the first two points. I haven't bought the season pass, but the amount of content you get without it is plentiful anough as it is I think.

Let's not just forget the broken online on release! Unless you meant unprecedented and long "delay" to implement the online functionalities? :rolleyes:
Sorry, I played the game as an SP experience so didn't notice that. was online not working at launch?
It was still a very good game at launch. Still the best racer I have this gen on the ps4.

SP is what made me love the game. Online and community stuff is a cherry on top, but I really liked it challenge-based approach. Main Tour was big and awesome, and I still have a lot of Season Pass content to play through [man they cranked so much great stuff for it].

So no PS4 Pro patch for this gem of a game? Sony you dumb F***!!
RushyPSPro.png

It infuriates me they would patch up something like Shadow of Mordor instead of this for Pro showcase. The real time GI, excellent PBR, volumetric clouds and lighting, the weather effects, dynamic TOD would be perfect to illustrate that HDR effect Sony seems to boasting so enthusiastically. God damn DC with 1440p res or higher would look pretty much like photomode shots and easily becomes the uncontested best looking driving game of all time by a fair margin.

It's weird because I thought it's up to the developers (those finished games before the unveil) to decide whether they want to add the Pro feature or not, is Evo still owned by Sony?

Back