DMC4 Countdown...

gi-1-dmc4.jpg

resident-evil-4-20041208105155319.jpg

18695.jpg

Oh look I just saw these graphics on GC.
Now I am convinced they are using Resi4's engine

What on earth is PS3 quality? PS3 quality in a Cell-cancer-cure by folding proteins, RSX is a G80, ultra super high resolution textures on a BD-ROM kind of way?

Do you happen to be a PS3 developer? I'm taking "PS3 quality" from someone like DeanoC meaning "as good as our stuff", but if you're just being inhaling press releases, keynotes and screenshots like the rest of us, you'd probably need to ease up on the press release/keynote dosage and increase the screenshot part :)

wow... a little direct but really good stuff there. :D

Looks O.K ,nothing really spectacular and certainly not one of the best for next gen.(and nothing like the target renders that were "the minimum we should expect" according to Capcom executives).

Anyway Capcom makes great games and this will be one of them,so all is good in the end.

It looks like DMC in HD. Well if they didn't concentrate on the graphics I hope its still 60 fps at the least, and I hope it delivers in the gameplay department. That Devil Arm system looks interesting. Can't wait to hear more details and impression.

It looks like DMC in HD. Well if they didn't concentrate on the graphics I hope its still 60 fps at the least, and I hope it delivers in the gameplay department. That Devil Arm system looks interesting. Can't wait to hear more details and impression.

Looks way better than DMC (or DMC 2 and 3), wtf you're talking about?

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/09/07/104,1157619146,59687,0,0.html

Story news straight from Famitsu. I did a quick summary...

The stage is set in the fortified city of Fortuna, where the devil Spaada is worshipped who once before fought for the people. The so-called Demon sword cult which also lives in the city aims to banish all other demons (except Spaada). Nero was eyewitness to a massive killing incident in which the attacker was the demon hunter Dante. Does a violent fight unfold between the two?

Nero's a knight of the cult and follows its doctrines. He has a bad cynic personality which is said to be lacking the will to cooperate. There are many instances in which he's commanded to do the dirty work singlehandedly.

Dante, the demon hunter and son of the legendary demon Spaada, suddenly appears in Fortuna and slaughters one by one the follower of the demon sword cult. Facing Nero ,who became affiliated with the cult, as an enemy Dante's motives remain unknown...

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/09/07/104,1157619146,59687,0,0.html

Story news straight from Famitsu. I did a quick summary...

The stage is set in the fortified city of Fortuna, where the devil Spaada is worshipped who once before fought for the people. The so-called Demon sword cult which also lives in the city aims to banish all other demons (except Spaada). Nero was eyewitness to a massive killing incident in which the attacker was the demon hunter Dante. Does a violent fight unfold between the two?

Nero's a knight of the cult and follows its doctrines. He has a bad cynic personality which is said to be lacking the will to cooperate. There are many instances in which he's commanded to do the dirty work singlehandedly.

Dante, the demon hunter and son of the legendary demon Spaada, suddenly appears in Fortuna and slaughters one by one the follower of the demon sword cult. Facing Nero ,who became affiliated with the cult, as an enemy Dante's motives remain unknown...

Dante slaughters one by one the followers f the cult? But why since they are worshipping his father?

Dante slaughters one by one the followers f the cult? But why since they are worshipping his father?

Well, there's nothing more in the article, so I have to guess: Either the cult or Dante is not what it seems. Maybe Dante is possessed or it's not the real Dante. Or the cult has some sinister motive and Nero doesn't know about it. Who knows...

Well, there's nothing more in the article, so I have to guess: Either the cult or Dante is not what it seems. Maybe Dante is possessed or it's not the real Dante. Or the cult has some sinister motive and Nero doesn't know about it. Who knows...

Yeah could be Virgil ;)

Funnily enough, the link to the DMC4 article has been removed from the Famitsu game frontpage. The above direct link still works, though...

Maybe Famitsu has spilt beans they shouldn't have spilt :p

I had high hopes for this one too, but it doesnt look that impressive at all. It needs better lighting, and more shaders on enviroment.
Also characters are not impressive either at this point. Nero (or however is character called) has not much polygons, but lack of shaders on skin is really worst.

I expected more from capcom, i guess its just too early, there is time to improve all this.

Yeah, hopefully it gets better in time. It really doesn´t do justice to PS3, it does look pretty good in some screens, I like the art and I love Dante´s closeup scan in that GAF thread. But still, I wish Capcom didn´t waste their time with that "framework" engine of theirs, it doesn´t make games any favors.

DMC4 could have been a stunner, but now it´s merely ok, that´s a pity.

Looks pretty good, underwelming in some shots, but in others I can see the old tgs trailer come through. If this game runs at 60fps I think I'll be quite impressed, it looks very clean. I'd rather see it in motion rather than stills though. But beggars can't be choosers. ;)

g01.jpg

can't wait to see that on the big screen. :LOL:

Back