DMC4 Countdown...

yeah , BB after seeing those screens of DMC from GI I believe your hunch about DMC being multiplat is right.

The Fuck with Capcoms new engine

Last edited by a moderator:
gi-1-dmc4.jpg

gi3dmc4tt0.jpg

I'dont believe it....looks like a ps2 game in 720p :cry:

I think the game looks fantastic...what on earth are you bitching about? The blur? Its DOF.....

With a draw distance like that its natural that some things are going to be made of textures as pointed out on the glass.

Depth of field.

The game looks sort of like enchant arms, not great not horrible, middle of the pack.

I'll give them props for releasing realtime ingame shots though, Kudos.

Well.... It's pretty. And if DMC3 is anything to go by, it'll be a stellar play.

But on the technical front, it's a huge letdown. Then... only DMC was a real tour-de-force.

I guess I just can't escape the feeling that the game is sufferring from lowest-common-denominator. If Capcom goes multi-platform I can only hope that the (related? Maybe.) lack of oomph hurts their bottom line. Maybe then they'll consider picking a platform and going full tilt.

I really don't know what's going on here but I'm feeling a bit let down one way or the other.

The game is still in development. At this stage, it looks 'good enough' IMO. If there are improvements then that's great too. But gameplay is what matters most for the DMC series anyways.

they have their site updated

this looks like a dev blog of a sort.. one, please? ; )

ps: i don't have great expectation for the presentation quality of this title, even moreso that it's an expected multiplatformer - DMC has always been way more about the art direction to me than about showcase rendition. but i do like the art direction from those magazine scans - reminds me a lot of RE4.

it's an expected multiplatformer

DMC4 will be exclusive to PS3 and the hi res trailer stated that explicitly, in a huge unmissable font. The only suggestion of it going multiplatform that I've seen is from a lot of sony haters in other forums who post things like "this is coming to 360"..."this is the 360 version".
But apparently there will also be a PSP version too.

Back