DMC4 Countdown...

I'm looking at the new scans they posted up at gaf.

Looks like the game really comes into it's own when the action heats up. These boring picks seem to do it no favors. I guess it's up in the air.

Must be said that the game runs at 60 as well. Means alot to me with so many other projects taking the low road.

thanks, hupfinsgack, appreciated.

re the whether the game runs on Framework or not - i can't see why people would assume it does not. capcom are known for their in-house engines utilisation. the fact that this generation their leading engine is multiplatform from the get go does not change that one bit. even if the game ended up 100% exclusive that still would not be a good reason to assume it was not running on Framework. not after capcom said so themselves : )

but damn, those DMC4 scans give me such a stong RE4 dejavu..

This looks decent, but nowhere near the target render footage that was shown earlier. It doesn't look all that impressive. This is actually dissapointing. There is nothing about these screens that make me say WOW, except for the shot with the sunset. You can tell it uses the same framework, because it looks similar to DR and LP.

gi-2-dmc4.jpg

i don't believe it again....:cry:

I miss this post.

Hate to whine again but HOLY ****!:oops: . Call me crazy but, God of War on the PS2 look way better than this. I love the DMC series and I know that the series have always been about the gameplay. But the visuals so far are REALLY disappointing. I expect more out of Capcom. Hopefully, the final version will look much beter

I'm looking at the new scans they posted up at gaf.

Looks like the game really comes into it's own when the action heats up. These boring picks seem to do it no favors. I guess it's up in the air.

Must be said that the game runs at 60 as well. Means alot to me with so many other projects taking the low road.

My sentiments exactly.
Even though these pics aren't the level of the target footage..it looks really clean and solid. And with enough stuff going on (and effects and everything), it should look just fine.

..like someone said earlier, it does have a Dead Rising-ness to it. But I think that will look nice in the DMC universe.

I'm definitely surprised at how it looks as well..but its not as bad as it seems to alot of people.

Death to target renders!

based on that picture posted, I dont see the comparissons to dead rising anywhere... I have played DR and looks much better than that.

Those scans and pics look good. But not PS3 quality

What on earth is PS3 quality? PS3 quality in a Cell-cancer-cure by folding proteins, RSX is a G80, ultra super high resolution textures on a BD-ROM kind of way?

Do you happen to be a PS3 developer? I'm taking "PS3 quality" from someone like DeanoC meaning "as good as our stuff", but if you're just being inhaling press releases, keynotes and screenshots like the rest of us, you'd probably need to ease up on the press release/keynote dosage and increase the screenshot part :)

What on earth is PS3 quality? PS3 quality in a Cell-cancer-cure by folding proteins, RSX is a G80, ultra super high resolution textures on a BD-ROM kind of way?

Do you happen to be a PS3 developer? I'm taking "PS3 quality" from someone like DeanoC meaning "as good as our stuff", but if you're just being inhaling press releases, keynotes and screenshots like the rest of us, you'd probably need to ease up on the press release/keynote dosage and increase the screenshot part :)

I think he means, it's not what I imagined PS3 quality to be :D

I'm going to need to know exactly what you are implying before I construct a retort.
different style that just doesn't make the game look impressive (fake shadows and low poly count) in screenshots but hopefully it'll look good in motion. could be a really good game but it just doesn't look good.

So were you saying that that me saying DMC3 looks like LP/DR is rediculous (That is - pig but flying rediculous.) because DMC doesn't look as good?

Regardless of which looks better, the tech similarities are obvious. That's what I was talking about. DR is ugly as sin, hurt to look at. LP is the best looking game I've played. period. But I can still see the similartiy in the underlying technology.

So were you saying that that me saying DMC3 looks like LP/DR is rediculous (That is - pig but flying rediculous.) because DMC doesn't look as good?
Regardless of which looks better, the tech similarities are obvious. That's what I was talking about. DR is ugly as sin, hurt to look at. LP is the best looking game I've played. period. But I can still see the similartiy in the underlying technology.
I meant DMC4 doesn't look similar. the scale of what you see is different. I thought DR looked awkward in cutscenes but it had a pretty charming art style.

Calm down dude :LOL:. What I'm saying is that, judging from those screen, the game doesn't look like a big leap from last-gen. And I'm sure that the PS3 is capable of much more than that. I also hope that the final version will look much better

I'm just dispapointed with the visual that's all. Just IMO

I'm one of the few NOT disappointed with the graphics. Though I should note I don't think they're anything special. They're not. I predicted as much on other forums weeks ago. Why people were expecting them to be is beyond me, as the PS2 games aren't anything to write hom about graphically (the first one stands out for art direction - and they're all nearly unbearable jaggy messes). The game is still going to kick all kinds of ass, though. One of my most anticipated games.

video interview here...
http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/?659687
wish i spoke japanese though

can anybody translate? one?
Most of it is stuff that's already been said or people have already found elsewhere, and largely about the gameplay.
e.g. Nero is the main playable character, it's trying to fill in a gap in the lack of early action titles for the PS3, Dante has been aged to give him a more rough-around-the-edges look, Nero uses his right arm for the bigger attacks while his left is where he's wielding his weapons (sword, gun, etc), usual double-talk shpiel about maintaining everything the fans of the series have always loved while still offering something "very different", and a little bit on Nero's background and the whole joining a cult of demon swordsmen. About the only interesting part was the mention of having a little demo of the supposedly "more fun" parts exposed at TGS.

Back