Dirt demo on Live Marketplace this Thursday

It's available and I'm downloading it, but the download speed is ridiculously low... The demo is 768MB and I have downloaded it over an hour already and I'm at 12%... with 8Mbit connection, Nice.

Wow, there weren't that far on their "bullshots" The demo is very good. Also, it support the MSFF wheel for those wondering.

I still prefer the 60fps with no motion blur of Forza 2 than 30fps+motion blur but still this demo rocks. I raced all 3 tracks and noticed no slowdows. The controls seemed OK to me but I'm not rally driving expert.

The grass is really cool. Damage modeling is great! The spray off the tires isn't excessive and seems quite accurate as watching rally races on TV. As someone pointed out, lighting, models, AA is all top notch. Hats off to codemasters for a fine game.

This game has THE best intro movie to date since NFS1 and 2 :D Also, while you can't watch replays in the demo I would not be shocked to see that the replays in this game the best you'd see in a racing game to date. That's my prediction, atleast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there weren't that far on their "bullshots" The demo is very good. Also, it support the MSFF wheel for those wondering.

I still prefer the 60fps with no motion blur of Forza 2 than 30fps+motion blur but still this demo rocks. I raced all 3 tracks and noticed no slowdows. The controls seemed OK to me but I'm not rally driving expert.

The grass is really cool. Damage modeling is great! The spray off the tires isn't excessive and seems quite accurate as watching rally races on TV. As someone pointed out, lighting, models, AA is all top notch. Hats off to codemasters for a fine game.

nice... that's what I was hoping for

going to DL soon.

This game has THE best intro movie to date since NFS1 and 2 :D Also, while you can't watch replays in the demo I would not be shocked to see that the replays in this game the best you'd see in a racing game to date. That's my prediction, atleast.

Thanks for the impressions, I'll think I'l go home at lunch and DL and try it.

well the graphics are really good (photosurrealistic approach with all the shader bells&whistles, reminds me of motorstorm) handling is allright, interface is cool, but the game runs only 30fps and that sadly is a deal breaker for me :cry:

It's available and I'm downloading it, but the download speed is ridiculously low... The demo is 768MB and I have downloaded it over an hour already and I'm at 12%... with 8Mbit connection, Nice.

that sucks... 80% after 35 minutes here

I get a real Rallisport challenge 2 vibe from this ... which is a good thing. Much more up my alley than Forza2. :devilish:

And yes... the game does appear to have AA and anyone is free to correct me. ;) the graphics look pretty danged good though... lots of views... great damage model etc and there were 8-10 cars on the dirt track at one time. Good looking front end menus also.

Lighting is good too... a little clunky in the controls on dirt but the asphalt seemed like pretty sold racing. Lots of stats and details on your car and evidently it tracks lots of little stats about how you race and your best at each category.

First time ever with a CR game for me... so I'm impressed (although I wish it were more like Motorstorm as I like arcadey)

I get a real Rallisport challenge 2 vibe from this ... which is a good thing. Much more up my alley than Forza2. :devilish:

And yes... the game does appear to have AA and anyone is free to correct me. ;) the graphics look pretty danged good though... lots of views... great damage model etc and there were 8-10 cars on the dirt track at one time. Good looking front end menus also.

Lighting is good too... a little clunky in the controls on dirt but the asphalt seemed like pretty sold racing. Lots of stats and details on your car and evidently it tracks lots of little stats about how you race and your best at each category.

First time ever with a CR game for me... so I'm impressed (although I wish it were more like Motorstorm as I like arcadey)

I'm with you. I really loved Rallisport Challenge. I can't get into GT or Forza games, but blasting around in the dirt in rally games is fun. Motorstorm and Burnout are right up my alley too.

Just finished the demo a couple mins ago. Great game as some said! :cool:

Im currently playing it in the sdtv since its the closest to the router :oops: , but ill hook up the X360 sometime in the HDTV and see the already great visuals in a much better perspective :smile:

Just a small warning, the PC demo is Starforce "protected", stay with the 360 demo even if the download is slow :)

Back