Dirt demo on Live Marketplace this Thursday

ok it came out a week later than I expected.

plays much like RSC2 to me and the menus are the slickest EVER. the graphics (lighting, particle effects tracks, cars, dust build up, colors and AA) are gorgeous. One of the smothest looking (from AA perspective) games yet IMO.

I think DiRT has a better grasp on the whole "Aero" concept than Vista does. ;)

fun arcade racing with lots of upgrading and plenty of tweaking to be had for "not a sim". :smile:

One of the best looking Next Gen games to date

In Forza 2, you'll tend to compromise performance for the sake of control. But DiRT is just the opposite: you'll give up control in order to gain performance. :smile2:

It looks like the level of difficulty determines how much of a car's performance is available. At the easiest (Clubman) setting, you are allotted a fraction...

EDIT: Oops! :oops: "Rookie" is actually the easiest setting. And from easiest to hardest, performance is unchanged. Mechanical differences are a result of collisions, which become more catastrophic as you climb the skill ladder.

So you are MORE likely to set faster times at the easiest settings. But setting the fastest times requires experience and fine-tuning, skills honed at higher difficulties. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
really enjoying the variety in this game... (I'm an amateur still) but the tracks and the competition and the smooth menu interaction putting you smoothly and quickly in and out of races/career, tweaking and wherever you want/need to be at that moment is great.

my only complaint is lack of Replay Saves... they are so beautiful and some races are amazing to re-watch (I usually skip race replays in other games)

Back