Digitalwanderer

Diabetes UK reckons you can put T2 into remission:

Given the long-term health impacts, it is certainly worth a try, though obviously your mileage may vary. Not sure I'd like to survive on 600 calories a day for 3 months! I fast a couple of days a week and find that pretty easy, but finding the time for exercise would do me more good. Perhaps next month...

Sounds like you're doing the right thing cutting down and getting fitter. Certainly the right time to do it as I can certainly confirm things get more difficult once you reach 50, though I'm lucky enough that I'm not diabetic, just unfit!

Diabetes UK reckons you can put T2 into remission:

Given the long-term health impacts, it is certainly worth a try, though obviously your mileage may vary. Not sure I'd like to survive on 600 calories a day for 3 months! I fast a couple of days a week and find that pretty easy, but finding the time for exercise would do me more good. Perhaps next month...

Sounds like you're doing the right thing cutting down and getting fitter. Certainly the right time to do it as I can certainly confirm things get more difficult once you reach 50, though I'm lucky enough that I'm not diabetic, just unfit!
Remission and reverse are two different things. Remission is just controlling your sugar through diet and exercise. Reversal would amount to being able to eat a normal carb heavy diet like the rest of people in this world without abnormal sugar spikes and elevated sugar levels past the 1-2 hour range after a meal

Yes the sooner you start the better off you will be in the long run. I'm walking about 5 miles every day although the heat and rain in jersey is making it tough lol

I'm walking about 5 miles every day although the heat and rain in jersey is making it tough lol
Not to mention that burning wood smell to the air, please be careful on bad air days. It's bad here and I hear it's worse there.

Just checked and my A1C is 6.0 so I should start the diet/exercisey stuff too.

Not to mention that burning wood smell to the air, please be careful on bad air days. It's bad here and I hear it's worse there.

Just checked and my A1C is 6.0 so I should start the diet/exercisey stuff too.

Yea the air is shit out there. I've mostly been going to planet fitness. Its $20 a month and I can bring my wife as part of the member ship but I will be honest , I hate walking on a treadmill in a gym. I'm trying to form the habit of 3 days a week for weights however.

I did do a dopey in disney this January which was a 5,10,half, full over the course of 4 days.

6.0 isn't that bad and puts you in pre diabetic. Certainly try and loose some tummy weight. My freestyle libre which is a 14 day continous glucose monitor pegs me at 7.1 over 90s days which makes sense as May if the month of birthdays and events in my family , we had 2 a week that whole month. But for the 7,14,30 day estimates I am sitting right at 6.6. Which like I said is much better than the 13.1 when i found out I was diabetic

I don't understand this sentence at all. What's a dopey? Why 5,10, half, full?
Okay so Disney has races on their property. At Walt disney world the offer a Full marathon once a year in January. They also offer a half marathon , 10k and 5k that same 4 day weekend. If you do the 5,10,half,full marathon and complete all 4 you did what they call a Dopey. They call it this because they of course have dopey the dwarf from Snow White and you'd have to be dopey to run all 4 of them in a single 4 day span. They also offer The Goofy challenge which is doing the half and full that weekend. Other parts of the year they often have a 10k, half marathon challenge.

The dopey challenge works out to be 48.6 miles over the course of the 4 days with the Marathon contributing to 26.2 of those miles , the half marathon at 13.1miles , the 10k is 6.2 miles and the 5k is 3.1 miles.

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense. I was picturing you putting on a Goofy outfit and running around the park....
well you know I did do one of the races in California as Mr Potato head and my wife was Mrs potato head. I ran all through the streets of Anaheim and angle stadium and Disney land dressed like that

Just posted this in my ergonomic keyboard thread, but decided to post it here too since it's a medical thingy and good great fantastic news!

Had some fantastic news on the neuropathy front. Saw a neurosurgeon who really seems to know their stuff and had a PT evaluation today where he not only diagnosed me but tried some light accupuncture to see if it would help.

I never believed in acupuncture, but after only 3 pokes to my shoulder area and my back and on the drive home I reached to find a button on my car AND I FELT IT!!

I started uncontrollably weeping, pretty sure I was happy, but it got better...I could talk like I used to! Clear articulation and back to full babbling speeed! I cried happy a bit more, then when my wife heard me babbling she started happy crying and we both hugged and spent the afternoon in the pool with the dogs.

I feel like I got another chance at life again. I hate not being able to talk clearly and thought a big part of me was gone, now I find out there's a really good chance to improve it quite a bit. Been an interesting and bloody overwhelmingly couple of good days. :D
Still can't believe I can feel the keys on the keyboard again and I can TALK! I was singing full bore to the radio outside for the first time this summer, I literally couldn't before.

Also the neurosurgeon pointed out that the nerves to my intestines have problems too...which explains why I never feel hungry. Learning a lot, finding out there's fixes is just opening up whole new worlds for me. :D

Check in tomorrow at 6:15, surgery at 7:30. Should be out of recovery by 12:30. Not looking forward to it, but I'll be glad when it's done. Been spending a lot of pool time with the dogs the last few days, not sure next time I'll get to.

Luck and me get weird together, it'll all be good. Just got a call rescheduling the check in to 9:15 which I like but it's because the robot that was going to operate on me broke so they had to schedule me in with their other one.

Better it broke today than tomorrow, plus two extra hours of sleep. :)

I am glad to hear you got some feeling back and hope the outcome of surgery is good as well. Not being hungry sounds good and bad. The rest just sounds terrible.

hey guys, ollie here, just wanted to say he survived and is doing well. he was in surgery for 7 hours but is now recooperating in his room. View attachment 9336
(he was very adament on me posting this picture in particular because it "just looks so darn good for a hospital picture!")

The mfer does look good for a guy in a hospital. I'm glad he is fine. Best wishes.

Back