Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2024]

I have seen that silent hill 2 on PC has some traversal stutters, and I was wondering if PS5 has them too. From the DF review Tom didn't mention stutters, just GPU drops.

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy it now on PS5 or wait when I have a new PC and get it then.
while I don't have the game, as I mentioned earlier, I follow a youtuber who is a very neurotic guy observing every little detail and has a RTX 2080 along with an Intel CPU from a few years ago and he mentioned that the games is well optimised and also it just takes up 34GB of space. It's Polish wizardry

yeah drops but it's worse than just some traversal stutter as it happens more often.
Hmm, hopefully it should be possible to adjust the dynamic res to fix the framerate. Don't have as much faith in them fixing the traversal stutters since this is unreal engine. At least it seems that they are not in the PS5 version.

If they fix those dynamic res drops I'm buying their game.

Also, still UE 5.1... maybe in 2027 we will get some UE 5.3 games at this pace.

while I don't have the game, as I mentioned earlier, I follow a youtuber who is a very neurotic guy observing every little detail and has a RTX 2080 along with an Intel CPU from a few years ago and he mentioned that the games is well optimised and also it just takes up 34GB of space. It's Polish wizardry
The game performs alright compared to the visual output, but there is nothing worse that brings me out of an experience than stuttering. I'd take 30 fps stable with no stuttering over 120 fps with stutters any day of the week.

Back