Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agree on RC being best looking game, pretty and super polished game. Well deserved, personally i would rate The Ascent bit higher and Deathloop way lower but its all personal preferences. Overall good solid list.

I assume the criteria is it has to come out that year, I assume cyberpunk would of been in last years list (if they made one, though it would be behind an obvious title)
Ya that’s why Flight Sim wasn't here. I think it may have been #2 behind Cyberpunk last year but I’m not positive.

Fully agree on RC being best looking game, pretty and super polished game. Well deserved, personally i would rate The Ascent bit higher and Deathloop way lower but its all personal preferences. Overall good solid list.
Outside of the first three, I think that the games are listed in no particolar order. I wouldn't have put Deathloop in the list at all, maybe sobstituting It with F.I.S.T.

Reactions: snc
I loved what I played of Death Trash. But it's over in a blink. I'm not sure I'd put a 2 hour demo in a list of "Best Games of the Year".
Have they expanded the content since its initial release?

Very intrested in Returnal, not so much the graphics and all, but the gameplay being more of the classic style. I did get rift apart but not Returnal.... Its good to see indie/lesser studios coming on top.

It's a very particular style of game. It's not my thing at all, game of the year or not...

That's perfectly understandable as Game of the Year isn't a reflection of the collective thoughts of gamers, but of the people that make the GOTY lists.

Consider that for any given game a relatively small fraction of the install base of gamers who can play that game (single platform versus multiple platforms) actually bought and played it. Of those gamers, some fraction of them might think it's in the top 10 of their games of the year. Of those gamers, a fraction of them might think it's their GOTY.

Hence, for any given GOTY award given to a game, there will be more gamers that would disagree and don't think it's their GOTY than there are that would agree and think it's their GOTY.

Regards,
SB

Very intrested in Returnal, not so much the graphics and all, but the gameplay being more of the classic style. I did get rift apart but not Returnal.... Its good to see indie/lesser studios coming on top.

I played both and I have to say Rift Apart left me wholly unimpressed, for all its visual splendour the game itself wasn't that great imo. Returnal is probably my GOTY on the other hand, amazingly addicting game, I need to get back into it after the recent patches :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back