Dead Space Remake [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Probably gives more fine grained loss quality to the screen. IE does what VRS is supposed to do better.

Notice that I said "noticably" in my previous post. If both solutions give results that are essentially invisible to the user, then we can call it a wash. But that doesn't mean VRS2 isn't doing things marginally more efficiently.

It's just not something we will notice for a game that is well optimized for VRS in general because it only probably means like a few fps in actual practice.

So a well implemented VRS software solution(call of duty, dead space patched etc) is technically inferior to hardware based VRS 2 but not by enough to actually matter to the end user.

You should watch Martin Fuller presentation on vrs tier 2.

You should watch Martin Fuller presentation on vrs tier 2.
Probably so ey? 😂 I can't claim to know much myself, education is the best way of things 🤓

But even so the results speak very well already in games for VRS as a whole if done right. I think that's indisputable

Probably so ey? 😂 I can't claim to know much myself, education is the best way of things 🤓

But even so the results speak very well already in games for VRS as a whole if done right. I think that's indisputable

True. But without more info we can’t draw any conclusions. What went wrong ? Why they disabled vrs completely on all platforms and not tried to fix it instead. Was it problem with software vs hardware implementation or with implementation in general. We have seen some excellent results of vrs like doom, gears gears tactics, halo infinite, COD etc and not so great like dead space. It’s hard to judge this technology when done wrong.

Whats the point of hardware VRS then? I only hear that software VRS works better

“Software-Based VRS also has some trade-offs including implementation complexity and the overhead of a de-blocking pass. One possibility is to use a hybrid of both techniques, switching between VRS techniques based on the characteristics of the rendering pass.”

True. But without more info we can’t draw any conclusions. What went wrong ? Why they disabled vrs completely on all platforms and not tried to fix it instead. Was it problem with software vs hardware implementation or with implementation in general. We have seen some excellent results of vrs like doom, gears gears tactics, halo infinite, COD etc and not so great like dead space. It’s hard to judge this technology when done wrong.
Is it confirmed they took out VRS entirely?

If so it's very strange to do that when the game performs pretty much the same either way, why even have it in that case in the first place?

*Edit* didn't see your post on previous page

Maybe for their next project they will try to refine it to make implementation better. Or maybe they decided it's not worth the hassle as a whole? 🤔

With the above in mind, it makes sense why Sony didn't care about VRS2 as a concept to think it needed to be in the PS5.

Sony has flexible scale rasterization and it goes a bit further but they use it only for VR. VRS is at least very useful for VR or with a subtle usage.

Is it confirmed they took out VRS entirely?

If so it's very strange to do that when the game performs pretty much the same either way, why even have it in that case in the first place?

*Edit* didn't see your post on previous page

Maybe for their next project they will try to refine it to make implementation better. Or maybe they decided it's not worth the hassle as a whole? 🤔

According to John yes. On all platforms.

That’s a good questions. What’s the penalty. If there is none why do they bother with vrs in first place? It’s all seems weird.

Is there even a reason to get games at realase day at full price? Unfinished and buggy mess.

Competitive multiplayer shooters maybe. For single player games I have a strict minimum 4 year policy before even considering it. I don’t revisit games so when I play something I want all bugs squashed and all dlc included from day one.

It’s great that the Dead Space devs are so responsive but did they really not know about the IQ issues before release day? Or did they know but were waiting to see if people complained before deciding to fix it?

Come one, its not like the devs are sitting around saying, "okay we are done ish, let's ship, the IQ is "crap" and basically everything just sucks, ok, ship it!"

Most likely there are deadlines and financial reasons that means it will go gold and then they have the opportunity to keep fixing stuff between gold and release and hopefully after release.

Now, should it be like this, of course not, but its the reality of 2023, you have teams of hundreds of people working on these games not like in the 80s where there was like 1-3 people :D

Its all about money, I mean somebody is paying upfront for years before possible seeing any return, so yeah an extra month or two of payroll for hundreds of people adds up....

So... worth buying on PC for 48 bucks? How would it run on a 13600k + 2070 Super?

Can always wait for it to hit EA Play. Is there a higher EA Vault tier on PC that includes more games sooner?

Can always wait for it to hit EA Play. Is there a higher EA Vault tier on PC that includes more games sooner?
Yep. Seems all new releases are included in EA Play Pro, including upcoming games like Jedi Survivor. 15$ a month.

Here is an intresting video
(8) Dead Space Remake - Patch 1.03 - PS5 - Graphical Issues Fixed? - YouTube

I have to say i am confused as this doesn't look anything as bad as the images we saw before.

View attachment 8256

View attachment 8255

View attachment 8254

hmmm this is from PS5 version after VRS fix.
I'll trust John over some random guy. And it's not like it was just pixel pushers seeing it. A lot of people called out the muddy graphics on PC and console but didn't know what they were looking at

Back