DC Universe Online ???

* More than 2.3 million registered users on the PS3
* Players have logged a total of more than 3.6 million days of playtime
Depending on what a 'day' is counted as, that'd average at between 12 and 36 hours per person. I guess that's moderate for a game, although pretty poor for an MMO, no?

In most MMO's if you do a /play it gives you time played in days, hours, minutes.

If that is following a similar trend to every single MMO I've ever played, then a day is 24 hours of total playtime. So ~37.5 hours per person. Obviously some have probably played far more than that (50+ days) while some have probably only tried it out for an hour or two and figured it wasn't for them.

I tend to find MMO's far more economical, affordable and addictive than all other gametypes. In my last MMO, I logged in well over 90 days played in less than a year. So well over 2200+ hours for a measly 10 dollars a month. A bargain. What's amusing is that people that invest significant time into a F2P MMO, end up spending far more per month for their "free" MMO. :D Of course, as you can see by my time played, addiction has its costs. Hence, I'm avoiding MMO's for the time being. :p And I'm not even one of the MMO types that REALLY plays them a LOT.

Regards,
SB

An average is 22 hours per week.

Was on my iPhone when I typed up that last post. ^_^

DCUO's stats is for one year. So definitely much lower than average. Their play time probably jumped when they switched to F2P model a couple of months ago. So they should publish the F2P stats separately.

EDIT: I also don't know if many will play the same MMO games in the living room. Personally, I think MMO needs to be tailored to the living room for console users.

Back