Dark Souls 3 [PS4,XO]

I really hope this game is more like DS1 than DS2.

I didn't like the combat and movement changes to DS2.

I bought DS2 day one and haven't had that urge to complete it cause I still find DS1 more fun to play.

And more like Bloodborne too, i would welcome trick weapons in Dark Souls. From the trailer it doesn't seem like they have included any though :-|

I thought it looks a lot worse than bloodborne, everything was very flash and looked last gen ish, looks like a last gen project that got upgraded.

Yup, my first reaction too. Wonder why? Is it coming to ps360 too or what?

From the stream. Looks like a sequel to DS1 and not DS2.

MarriedOrderlyEidolonhelvum.gif

DAT Phantom veil :yes:

Praise the sun!

EDIT: Didn't even notice that the torch mechanic is back:

WfmRwQJ.gif

Combat is much more fluid:

AcceptableUglyDobermanpinscher.gif

Oh boy ! oh boy ! Looks sped up like Bloodborne ! Loving it ! That Skull moment was where nt head over heels while watching it :D ! Thats classic Dark SOuls atmosphere ! Miyazaki is on crack again !

I played Demons SOuls, loved it, didn't get to play Dark SOuls and bought DS2 on day 1(preorder) but it could not hook me for long. It lacked the characteritc personality in its presentation. This seems like it coming back ! :runaway: !! woot woot !

Just saw he Gamersyde version and.....ewwwwww ! THe IQ is so SO so BAD ! What happened here???? why are the gfx so lower than BB? and aliasing everywhere, everywhere!

Loving how it looks. Glad there's still some companies left which are very much in the business of making games, not sad little interactive movies.

"As for the combat animations themselves, character movements look and feel operate exactly like Dark Souls first installment, meaning weapon strikes, attack moveset combinations: the kick, the parry, the riposte, the back-stab, running, rolling, the plunging attack, all feel exactly like they're ripped from DS1"

PRAISE THE SUN!

C70QCKY.gif

probably won't be as fast as BB, but I hope it will be even more fluid than BB. GFX doesn't look too hot, but remember BB was dev by SCEJ with Miyazaki directing, and some key Fromsoftware staffs. DS3 is purely Fromsoftware.

Holy shit that's fast ! I had no idea the game was playable and there was footage out there! That heavy bloated mini boss thing was beautiful !

Otoh, I find it weird that this is being shown before the Bloodborne dlc. It's the same fans who are gonna buy this and that, so why are they overlapping the games?

Edit:
OMG, such a breeeautiful boss !

It certainly does look worse than BB. It's why I thought the leaked screenshots were from a pre-alpha Bloodborne :LOL:

A youtube streamer that got to play it hands on with a special press event at Gamescon mentioned that they've said that everything you can see while in the game, you can go to in the game. I think he also mentioned they hope to let players enter every building.

If so, it sounds far more expansive than BB and past Souls games. The person also mentioned that some area's felt pointless. They wondered whether it's because the demo was basically alpha footage. Or if by nature of the greatly expanded world, they are struggling to fill it all with compelling content.

I wouldn't say they are going open world, but it seems they might be making it more open world-ish. And if not open world, then at least significantly larger than BB. This might explain why it can't be as graphically detailed as BB. Either that or it's not being funded as well as BB (Sony) was.

Regards,
SB

Back