Crysis full game

same files as you alter the cloak time

from diff_easy.cfg

-- AI Detection speed
ai_SOMSpeedRelaxed = 1.2
ai_SOMSpeedCombat = 0.3

Good stuff Davros. Btw, I found this link on another forum about optimizing Vista for gaming. http://redchaos.wordpress.com/2007/03/06/tweak-vista-for-gaming/ Maybe it will help some out there.

I am thinking I will play Crysis at 1280x800 or even 1024x640. I am mainly interested in the Sandbox tools and MP, but I will give the SP a whirl just to give my take.

For the sake of discussion lets say there are 2k objects flying there. Creator says it was running at 8spf. It seems to me crysis physics are not optimized.
IIRC one of the physx demos videos with the boulder avalanche it´s the same order of magnitude. It was running real time with hardware, w/o hardware i doubt it should run at 8spf, more like 8fps, specially on 3+GHz multi-thingies.

For the sake of discussion lets say there are 2k objects flying there. Creator says it was running at 8spf. It seems to me crysis physics are not optimized.
IIRC one of the physx demos videos with the boulder avalanche it´s the same order of magnitude. It was running real time with hardware, w/o hardware i doubt it should run at 8spf, more like 8fps, specially on 3+GHz multi-thingies.

It is not just about the flying objects, you have to take into account ~ALL of the boxes colliding with each other as they start to fall/crush/collide at the same time as they break and more pieces goes into air. That is extremly taxing, collision between huge amounts of objects all physics driven with HQ physics. :smile:

And not to forget the polygon count going over 4.5 million polys per second which will increase with destroyed boxes count!

With just a small bit of couting and pausing the video, I can tell that the "guys-made-of-boxes" legs each have 896 boxes per leg (x = 8, y = 28, z = 4. His "torso" counting only up to his armpits appears to have 1216 boxes (x = 19, y = 16, z = 4) That's so far a total of ~3000 boxes.

From his armpits up, I couldn't get a good count from the youtube. I'd assume we could double the "lower half" number, so maybe 6000 boxes total? So apply gravity, collisions and the ensuing destruction of said boxes to all of those objects... And then dynamically light, shadow, texture and then calc for lightrays (you can see the first scene where the sunrays are enabled).

I know there are vector PC's out there that could calculate that kind of data in real time, but they aren't cheap.

I forgot that the person making the video put a tornado on the 'box-man'. The particles where disabled becouse the tornado is made of large amount of particles and would obscure the view. So that makes it even more impressive that the boxes are not just falling but being affected by a tornado all with physics.

Found this link at neogaf, showing 4.5m polys/sec and how the tornado tears it up a ~6fps per frame... caramba! :oops:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/herrhelmt/20071124182946759_czgxbrkxqw.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to customize the 360 controller buttons? I rather use the left trigger to bring the sights up instead of right bumper.

I've never tried, but it looks like you can manually edit the bindings in:

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\Crysis\Profiles\default\actionmaps.xml

Or whatever the equivalent would be in XP.

I've never tried, but it looks like you can manually edit the bindings in:

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\Crysis\Profiles\default\actionmaps.xml

Or whatever the equivalent would be in XP.

Just tried it out. Had to set the file to read only after making the change for it to stick but other than that, works perfect. Thanks man! Now I don't have to try n' rig a way to use my kb/m on my lap :)

Just tried it out. Had to set the file to read only after making the change for it to stick but other than that, works perfect. Thanks man! Now I don't have to try n' rig a way to use my kb/m on my lap :)

I tried playing on my 360 pad but found aiming a bit difficult (I try to get headshots 100% of the time).

I think perhaps a little autoaim when playing with the pad might have been a good idea.

patch, any news?

Well leaked beta drivers from nvidia (169.13) are out and state, "Do not use these driver until the Crysis patch is installed". So I would imagine that it should be the beginning of next week.

Im using the drivers without the patch and there seems to be a fps improvement in the game.

Just got this game, but I can't turn any of the settings up above high. I mean I might not get a playable framerate if I did (in fact I'd bet I wouldn't) but I would like the option. The game is very playable with everything on high so I might be able to manage some settings on very high. Is there a driver or patch I need to install or what?

I have a Athlon 64 x2 3800, 2GB ram and a Radeon X1800XT 256MB.

You couldn't play it at high, you can't play it at medium with to great a FPS on that system. But the reason is because of the path its "using" is Dx 10 for above high setting. Properly at least.

Like I said I can play it on high mate.. its very playable actually :) No doubt very high won't be, but I'd still like to be able to try it. Firstly just to see what the graphics are like (so I can see what I'll get with my new graphics card) and secondly so I can turn certain settings to very high and see which ones still allow the game to be playable.

Looking around a bit I've found out that someone hacked a way to enable very high settings, through the DX9 path, in XP. But only the demo was mentioned. Does anyone know if this was done for the full game.

I can play it at high mate.. like I just said its very playable on high :)

Uhh, then settings are not working, unless you're playing at like 640x480.

I get around 30FPS on a E6300 @ 3.15Ghz, 2GB, and a X1950 Pro, with all settings at medium. That's at 1280x800.

I'm playing at 1024x768, a bit lower then the resolution you're using. Also I think the X1800XT is a little bit faster overall then the X1950pro. Plus different people find different framerates playable.

Anyway with respect I don't want to talking about what I can and can't play at certain settings :) I'd just like to know if anyone knows how I can enable very high settings.

Back