Crysis full game

Fred

Newcomer
So I thought i'd make a new thread, considering the full game is out and I just finished it.

Bottomline, these are the best graphics we have ever seen in a game. Using the dx9 tweaks posted on the incrysis forums, I was able to get between 20-40 fps with my GTS SLI (they require the new beta drivers to work). This corresponds to the ultra high settings give or take a feature here and there

The action is intense at points, and the freedom is breathtaking. At any point during the game, a situation might happen thats totally unexpected and makes you boggle at the engine. For instance at one point I was in deep trouble and running behind a car for cover when I run face to face with a guy. I grab him by the throat and throw him. Except he lands on a landmine and proceeds to explode several others nearby and the nearby building caves in and kills the people who were picking me off). There are many other things like that (like when a helicopter blows up and the carcass falls down on top of me killing me outright).

Story is good, its a tad short depending on how you play it, but worth every second of it.

The AI is pretty solid, the only thing that irratates me is how many shots it takes to take a person down (tweakable of course, but it makes things too easy).

I've had several bugs while playing, probably due to the beta drivers. There is a memory leak that restarting will cure, and sometimes sound just randomly turns off (also a restart). But yes, several points during the story you will see visuals that are so night and day diffferent than anything you've ever seen, its worth it for that alone.

Another thing. This should be a benchmarkers wet dream once the various drivers have settled and a few patches have come and gone.

Things are so tweakable, you can arrange it to be cpu bound, fillrate bound, shader bound etc etc You can throw in some thrashing, you can eyeball visuals in a very set and predefined way to compare image quality with or without some feature.

You can test driver performance, dx9 vs dx10 performance.

Nice for some
recieved on 12th from local supplier said:
Just a quick email to let you know our suppliers have advised us today that the
release date for Crysis Special Edition has changed from 16/11/2007 to 23/11/2007.
:cry:

Another thing. This should be a benchmarkers wet dream once the various drivers have settled and a few patches have come and gone.

Things are so tweakable, you can arrange it to be cpu bound, fillrate bound, shader bound etc etc You can throw in some thrashing, you can eyeball visuals in a very set and predefined way to compare image quality with or without some feature.

You can test driver performance, dx9 vs dx10 performance.

Yeah Crysis will be the cornerstone of most reviews for a long time to come. My guess is at least a couple of years from now.

I wonder if my copy has turned up today ?

Currently I have still to get through the demo level on hard, have just downloaded the Timeshift Demo and am playing through COD4 - it's hard to know what to play in what order.... what a great time to enjoy FPS.

I think I will junk the demo as obviously it is the first level of the entire game and Timeshift looks like FEAR, so do I condone COD4 to sadly waiting for me to return or do I finish it off first ?

However, if you've got SLI on your PC, thanks to the grant left to you by your oil magnate grandfather, you're in for a treat. According to those in the know, you'll be able to run everything on Very High settings, in DX10, at a high resolution - the result is a game that is better looking than anything you've seen before. The result is a totally different gaming experience than us lesser beings will see - you'll be so dazzled by the jaw-dropping vistas that you won't notice the game's problems.

really?

what about SLI support?

I think I'm gonna pass this game.........

Latest 169.09 drivers give preliminary SLi support. Future patch from Crytek should improve upon it, as they're doing some retarded stuff that hampers Multi-GPU scaling(read hardware.fr's review of the 3870, Damien explains it nicely). Probably future drivers will eeek out even more scaling. So, basically, it's there now.

Well is general the problem of the artifacts in the screens uploaded at internet . I have many videos - many gb - with artifacts in the skys

PNG captures , in my PC , 0 artifacts

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/jonelo/capturas/Crysis2007-11-1603-27-56-49.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/jonelo/capturas/Crysis2007-11-1602-24-41-22.png

This not has artifacts , HD high bitrate video 720p - 258 mb

The gameplay .. very good game , some open levels has in only one level more gameplay and replay value than some linear GOTY FPS in the all game ;) .

The bad : Some levels are a bit lineals , the AI not is in all moment good - is very difficult with this complexity of the game - , the game is easy.

Mod Note: Please use URL for images with large file sizes.

The action is intense at points, and the freedom is breathtaking. At any point during the game, a situation might happen thats totally unexpected and makes you boggle at the engine. For instance at one point I was in deep trouble and running behind a car for cover when I run face to face with a guy. I grab him by the throat and throw him. Except he lands on a landmine and proceeds to explode several others nearby and the nearby building caves in and kills the people who were picking me off). There are many other things like that (like when a helicopter blows up and the carcass falls down on top of me killing me outright).
They weren't kidding when they claimed it wasn't as linear as other games. Sure, the storyline is linear, but the gameplay is so open and free.. You can approach things in lots of ways; run and gun, sneak through without combat, silent assassin, etc. Have to assault a enemy-controlled village?

-Come straight in under cloak
-blast in with your stolen heavy truck
-grab a pickup truck, get it up to 70 mph, jump out and watch the fireworks as it nails an enemy hummer
-sneak in around the garden
-launch a missile and blow up a shack from 100 yards away and let them go bananas looking for you

The limits are basically whatever you can come up with. The physics are excellent and add a lot to the gameplay feeling as if it has "physicality". I'm really having a blast. I'm playing in Delta difficulty which can be extremely hard at times. But, I wanted it that way. Hard might be a better choice though! :)

And the fact that just about everything is destructible in various ways is amazing. I seem to recall this being what games have been attempting to achieve for about a decade now. Hiding away in a shack while it collapses in on you from enemy fire is one hell of a sweet experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with Swaaye, compare this to HL2Ep2 where you were led by the nose to do XYZ by doing 123. Here you have to do XYZ by doing anyone of 123456789. In fact you often can miss out Y if you are a big girly who runs away.

I've just started the game on Delta and using iron sights, which to me is more realistic than the lesser degrees of difficulty and makes you think more. At that difficulty I can see the first level taking an evening up whilst I think about tactics and different paths and get my eye in. Not having an aiming sight really ups the skill level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I run Crysis at 1360x768? I plan to hook the PC upto the plasma since my montior is 1920x1200 and it just chugs along with a Quad at 3.2 and 8800GTX. I rather run it at 1360x768 with eye candy maxed out and good FPS.

Latest 169.09 drivers give preliminary SLi support. Future patch from Crytek should improve upon it, as they're doing some retarded stuff that hampers Multi-GPU scaling(read hardware.fr's review of the 3870, Damien explains it nicely). Probably future drivers will eeek out even more scaling. So, basically, it's there now.

Vista drivers are bad. No SLI support and game has a tendency to crash with these drivers (as well as other games).

Just an FYI, ATI released "hotfix" drivers for Crysis. The drivers are labelled 7.11 so I assume they are close to release betas. They also fix Hellgate DX10 apparently.

Can I run Crysis at 1360x768? I plan to hook the PC upto the plasma since my montior is 1920x1200 and it just chugs along with a Quad at 3.2 and 8800GTX. I rather run it at 1360x768 with eye candy maxed out and good FPS.

People seem to get good frames with a Quad Core/GTX rig as long as its under 1600x1200 or 1680x1050, so that res should be fine :smile:

Oh sweet the gameplay is amazing!

Started the first mission, incredible challenging AI at hard, their tactics, their behavior.. of the charts. Also the animations are top notch, seeing a soldier jump over a fence and hitting him in the air to see his body react to the bullets in mid-air and fall correctly...priceless.

Quite calm mission until the end where the cut-scene starts and you get support continuing to the second mission all with talk, music and the cinematic feeling. Yep the incredible cinematic feeling which makes it so good. Aint got this good gameplay for some time! :smile:

Also looking down a cliff on the sea water, the view is fantastic like real water. It is very satisifying to see bushes move due to something sneaking in there, creates that "wtf is in there" feeling!

2 thumbs up without thinking twice so far!

Back