Car game comparisons *hit & run*

Forza 7 looks like crap in that video for something that is supposed to be max settings on PC. The demo looked better when I played it on PC.

It's true for most of games due to Youtube compression.

Also framerate drops?

Played on a GTX1080 according to the author of the video. Maybe some drivers issues ? He also said this : "I played a ton of the GT Sport beta and a few hours of Forza 7, not really impressed with the Forza 7 visuals tbh....cars look toy like and this track looks far better on GT Sport"

And honestly, we can't disagree with him based on his video.

The

Played on a GTX1080 according to the author of the video. Maybe some drivers issues ? He also said this : "I played a ton of the GT Sport beta and a few hours of Forza 7, not really impressed with the Forza 7 visuals tbh....cars look toy like and this track looks far better on GT Sport"

I had issues with the dynamic settings. Even though I set everything to ultra it would revert downwards.

You need to remove any dynamic settings entirely and force ultra, and ideally 4K to really see the details

I am sure there is something wrong with his settings. I doubt its the Youtube compression.

Ok that looks pretty awesome

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_7_in_hdr_on_gamersyde_-19287_en.html
These videos look jaw dropping and far above anything on gts , which isn’t even a contender.
You know, even viewed on my ZD9 with HDR and everything it still looks like a game from the past gen. At least GTS has much better lighting, better track side detail and car model, have you ever seen it in HDR mode? The lighting looked phenomenon. But then again all 60 fps racers looked like trash compared to a 30 fps racer, period. In this case, Forza 7 simply looks much trashier :).

You think that footage could have been produced on a PS3 or X360? :rolleyes:
I said it looks like from a past gen, sure technically it's not possible but the output did not impress and looked as if it's last gen. The lighting, track detail, foliage simply sucked hard, at least on the Xbox One S version which is what that linked footage shows. Without HDR in that footage it would be even more dreadful, dear god.
Actually speaking of last gen, Forza 4's trees managed to look better than F7's.
1lZX0zd.jpg

Last edited:
I said it looks like from a past gen, sure technically it's not possible but the output did not impress and looked as if it's last gen. The lighting, track detail, foliage simply sucked hard, at least on the Xbox One S version which is what that linked footage shows. Without HDR in that footage it would be even more dreadful, dear god.
Actually speaking of last gen, Forza 4's trees managed to look better than F7's.
1lZX0zd.jpg

The fact that you went from Gamersyde 4K PC Ultra, called it last gen; then used this comparison video, that has been cropped and has compression BS, that cherry picks trees over the Xbox One edition of the game is extremely petty. The fact that F7 footage looks blurrier in the cockpit than F4 should have been your first red flag that the video editor magnified the F7 footage since F4 runs at 720p and F7 runs at 1080p. Both games run at 60fps, that video only showed them both at 30fps, so the quality of the capture is in deep jeopardy here, well it's obviously cropped and edited, but it makes no effort to preserve the game in it's native form.

On top of you offer no real observations of what's wrong with F7 on the right, you offer at best a weakly put together opinion.

Even in this poorly put together video, it's pretty clear that F7 has significantly more things running environmentally (windmills, houses, fog, complexity of rocks and buildings), and track detail (concrete grain, tire marks, cracks), and lighting is exceptionally improved with PBR and reflections and shadows. All of which are dynamic.

and nice try, trying to pass any of this footage off as HDR, HINT: it's not.

A good capture of XBO S HDR footage of F7 is here:
https://www.gamersyde.com/news_19561_en.html#forum

Last edited:
The whole point of this comparison is not really about the iq, it's more of a tree comparison and as you can see clearly they are much lower quality in F7. Ironically despite F4 being at 720p upscaled to a 1080p comparison, the trees still have more definitions than the 1080p F7 footage:rolleyes:, pretty weird if you ask me. But yes F7 does have more things going on but sacrificing trees at the same time is kinda embarrassing for a next gen title over its last gen brethren. Also fps has nothing to do with still frame comparison.
I never said this video was HDR, not that we can see it here on the browser anyway.

The whole point of this comparison is not really about the iq, it's more of a tree comparison and as you can see clearly they are much lower quality in F7. Ironically despite F4 being at 720p upscaled to a 1080p comparison, the trees still have more definitions than the 1080p F7 footage:rolleyes:, pretty weird if you ask me. But yes F7 does have more things going on but sacrificing trees at the same time is kinda embarrassing for a next gen title over its last gen brethren. Also fps has nothing to do with still frame comparison.
I never said this video was HDR, not that we can see it here on the browser anyway.

considering there's generally an inverse relationship between graphical fidelity and fps then yeah it really does

You know, even viewed on my ZD9 with HDR and everything it still looks like a game from the past gen. At least GTS has much better lighting, better track side detail and car model, have you ever seen it in HDR mode? The lighting looked phenomenon. But then again all 60 fps racers looked like trash compared to a 30 fps racer, period. In this case, Forza 7 simply looks much trashier :).
Sure whatever you say.....

considering there's generally an inverse relationship between graphical fidelity and fps then yeah it really does
We're not comparing overall technical accomplishment here, just what's rendered on the screen per frame strictly speaking. So in that regard fps does not matter.

We're not comparing overall technical accomplishment here, just what's rendered on the screen per frame strictly speaking. So in that regard fps does not matter.

Thinking_Face_Emoji.png

From that video F7 does look better, although surprisingly diminishing returns also show off a lot. The trees is one area where we havent seen major improvement in any 60fps racer yet.
Cardboard trees everywhere. They stand out badly next to all the other assets. Its like having old gen and next gen graphics on the same screen and the aesthetics give an uncanny valley impression

We must be getting to the point of diminishing returns for rendering cars, so hopefully environment assets get a boost (although good looking trees can be difficult to render, obviously).

Other racing games can get away with fictional environments that solve the problem by not having trees or highly stylized cartoony trees.

From that video F7 does look better, although surprisingly diminishing returns also show off a lot. The trees is one area where we havent seen major improvement in any 60fps racer yet.
Cardboard trees everywhere. They stand out badly next to all the other assets. Its like having old gen and next gen graphics on the same screen and the aesthetics give an uncanny valley impression
It will happen one day, volumetric trees!

Back