Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

It launches at 11 degrees, with far reduced impact from gravity and using the plane's own wings for lift.
Sure. I suppose as technology progresses, we'll get closer to a point where there is energy available. However, for the past 100 years, portable energy has been crap and yet no writers have factored that into their universes. They treat it as a solved problem. It'd be nice if whatever tech was used was explained. Theoretical techs like Li-air have a history of taking a long time to materialise and even never actually happening due to real-world issues inhibiting the theoretical performance.

I'm not going to predict bouncing exoskeletons won't exist in forty years time. I'd just like to see more thought in the application of tech. That said, it wouldn't be for every game. Many games and stories require Universal laws to be ignored/broken or they wouldn't be any fun. ;)

The latest news I read on organic batteries is very promising, they built a working prototype for just $1500 or so and they think it could go into production relatively soon (as little as a year). If true, it could improve battery capacity by 100x or so, which is pretty amazing.

I don't have the newspaper at hand, but I think it went further than the one below, in that it contained living organisms (bacteria). But the one below is also interesting.
http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...japan-that-could-spawn-the-next-tesla/362112/

Apparently they're using some sort of boosters for the jumps and not just the exoskeleton...

Love it or hate it, COD's about the most full-featured, slickest FPS you can get. Anything trying to knock it off its perch always misses a few notes. Either it doesn't have split-screen, or it's full of bugs, or it's lacking a campaign, or it feels thin on the MP modes, or something.

PS4 footage...

That footage comes from the xbox conference...

faceplant065qm.jpg

Love it or hate it, COD's about the most full-featured, slickest FPS you can get. Anything trying to knock it off its perch always misses a few notes. Either it doesn't have split-screen, or it's full of bugs, or it's lacking a campaign, or it feels thin on the MP modes, or something.

I feel like Battlefield took a lot of it's thunder with BF3, and became the hot game. But I feel COD is poised to regain a sales edge this year. Because AW looks much graphically enhanced, and it looks like there is some new gameplay stuff, while Hardlines just looks like BF4 graphically imo. I think EA slipped up a bit this year, but these will do annual battle anyway.

It looks like its at 1080p so most likely PC footage. Hopefully for console players the downgrade isn't too bad.

No. Even form the bad youtube footage I clearly could pixel count the same ~860p stuff we have previously seen. So probably a real XB1 footage.

The screenshots look much more clean though (than the gameplay) and could come from a higher resolution PC build.

I think he means that Titanfall was expected to give COD a serious run for its money, by almost everyone. Especially with a not so good COD release.

Maybe it shows people don't only buy COD because of the multiplayer but for the FPS campaign experience and though it has most of the past COD's gameplay idiosyncrasies it was a clear improvement over awful MW3 and BOPS2 in level design and story presentation. It's on the level of MW1 and MW2. So I wouldn't call it a not so good COD release based on that perspective.

No. Even form the bad youtube footage I clearly could pixel count the same ~860p stuff we have previously seen. So probably a real XB1 footage.

The screenshots look much more clean though (than the gameplay) and could come from a higher resolution PC build.

It is well sub 1080P, but the pixel count is right around double the Xbox 360 COD's (which of course were markedly sub 720 themselves). I'll take that.

I also wonder since Ghosts was one of the few that exhibited a 720/1080 split X1/PS4, but AW looks massively better than Ghosts. I wonder if the PS4 will be able to hit 1080P or have to come down from that. We have seen an increase in sub 1080 PS4 titles recently.

Back