Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Finally was able to see Advanced Warfare's E3 demo. Im really impressed with the scale and quality of the visuals. It seems to be a big departure from MW and Black ops as far as art style and setting. It kind of reminds me of Killzone. It is a big leap from Ghosts. Going to be my first day one purchase of COD since Call of Duty 2 (not Modern Warfare).

I feel like Battlefield took a lot of it's thunder with BF3, and became the hot game. But I feel COD is poised to regain a sales edge this year. Because AW looks much graphically enhanced, and it looks like there is some new gameplay stuff, while Hardlines just looks like BF4 graphically imo. I think EA slipped up a bit this year, but these will do annual battle anyway.
BF3's popularity didn't seem to affect COD's sales much. The games don't compete symmetrically, as BF has a much steeper learning curve and no co-op. Also, the MP content takes a lot longer to chew through, and the development is more complex, so the attempt to make it an annual thing is probably going to do a lot more harm than good.

I think EA's going to run it into the ground.

just like medal of honor...advanced warfare actually looks pretty interesting, and treyarch's game has me interested next year

And with the trend of EA making battlefield game have smaller maps in every new release... They really are running to ground.

On the other hand, cod game keeps improving it's variations.

So, it's even more reason for cod gamers to keep buying cod and not migrating to battlefield.

And with the trend of EA making battlefield game have smaller maps in every new release... They really are running to ground.

On the other hand, cod game keeps improving it's variations.

So, it's even more reason for cod gamers to keep buying cod and not migrating to battlefield.

Don't want to start a flame war, but no more BF for me anymore. After endless patches and loosing my save games for the single player campaign three or four times I'm fed up.

I read somewhere that they were adding new features almost right up until release, and never did any proper QA whatsoever, largely at EA's demands.

Everything EA touches turns to crap.

“Right, well you know we always strive for complete parity across all our platforms and you know this year will be no different,”

Just like last year with 720P and 1080P? I'm sure they will get closer, but parity is just a PR word that usually means nothing.

Striving for resolution and fps parity for XBone and PS4 :(:(.
http://gamingbolt.com/call-of-duty-...tionfps-parity-on-ps4xbox-one-engine-detailed
Unless they're both 1080p that is, I really don't want more AA, slightly better AO or shadow here and there than a nice crisp native 1080p on the PS4. God damn it no one wants 880p parity, excuse my profanity.

Right, well you know we always strive for complete parity across all our platforms and you know this year will be no different

It's just a neutral marketing PR, they have to say only positive (or neutral) stuff for all versions of their games before the release.

SledgeHammer hasn't released a game of its own ever, right? Even on Modern Warfare 3 they've been co-developers as far as I know. On the other hand the core developer team was behind Dead Space 1 and maybe 2 and I think that title had resolution parity on X360 and PS3.

So it's kinda hard to tell what they're actually talking about here...

These type of statements are just PR nightmares waiting to happen... I can see it now.

PC Gamer: The PC was held back because of console parity... :devilish:
PS4 Gamer: The PS4 was held back because of XB1 parity... :devilish:
XB1 Gamer: The XB1 was held back because of Dx12 not being ready, or the 10% update wasn't available, or the ESRAM is still being optimized for... :devilish:
Wii U Gamer: The Wii U is being held back because no one loves us... :cry:

I just dont get what the problem is if the game achieves parity on both consoles. Is it really that big of a deal? Lets say they pull of a miracle and they get both version to 1080p. Are people really gonna be upset? Are people going to demand the Ps4 version be 1440p? There is always the chance that both machines provide enough power to hit the visual goal the developer set at the start of development.

I just dont get what the problem is if the game achieves parity on both consoles. Is it really that big of a deal? Lets say they pull of a miracle and they get both version to 1080p. Are people really gonna be upset? Are people going to demand the Ps4 version be 1440p? There is always the chance that both machines provide enough power to hit the visual goal the developer set at the start of development.
Is it a big deal if one version is gimped for the sake of the other? Yeah, it is a bit. My purchase was made because one machine has more power than the other.

We cant really say. There might be a problem that is not directly observed. If for example the PS4 version could pull of more effects and detail at 1080p but the dev decides not to in order to achieve parity on both then there is a wasted utility in the PS4. But we cant really know when this is the case because we dont know the decisions and initial targets of the developer (or the potential targets if parity wasnt a concern)

If the PS4's strengths are ignored, however much it may be for their particular game, then I think PS4 owners should have a right to be annoyed. Just how PC gamers feel when their games get held back. They're not making the best product they could. But who knows when or if this happens.

These type of statements are just PR nightmares waiting to happen... I can see it now.

PC Gamer: The PC was held back because of console parity... :devilish:
PC gamers at least get the luxury of higher res, fps and the standard extra blims here and there. After all their number is way too small to be mattered here. But the bread and butter still lie in the consoles and it would be highly disappointing not to optimize the stronger console with better features especially with a much larger install base than its rivals.

I wonder how you guys feel about all the times the X360 was held back by the PS3. But I'm sure it's not a case of double standards with you.

Back