Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Call Of Duty Advance Warfare story trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKXe2gAdnI

Nice character model If it's in-game cinematic.
jEsIE2Ss4j9vP.jpg

I'd wait for some more footage before comparisons... No game can do stuff that's possible in offline rendering.

Check out the newest video at 1:45, Delsin is a very good model but that old man and Kevin Spacey's alter ego are way above, especially in terms of rendering. I would say they are not comparable.

I thought the Kevin Spacey scene was offline, but since they are mixing gameplay with, offline & realtime cinematics i was thinking the photo above just might be realtime. The photo above is so washed out & high contrast maybe it lets them get away with simpler SSS and fewer vertices.

I always had the impression that the biggest challenge in making a detailed face appear believable/real were the facial expressions. This one does them well.

He definitely has a "did I leave the oven switched on" look.

Ha! Yes, he definitely does.

I was always under the impression that faces were for a long time considered to be very difficult to recreate with CGI, looking at that picture it’s the only thing that looks realistic – the environment/armour looks misplaced.

I have to say that I’m still disappointed that no one’s thought to use realistic environmental deformation from projectiles in a shooter yet. I’ve mentioned it before on this forum, but I’d love to see wood splinter and break realistically and metal warp and tear from explosions. Faces seem to be getting a lot better, but I only ever see the briefest moment of them in a game – I just feel it’s a waste of resource.

Honestly, what’s more exciting in a game; a beautiful looking face or being stuck in a wooden house with a few dozen enemies shooting the place to pieces around you? With bullets breaking through the space in different ways, while you look for the safest place to deal with the onslaught (bathtub obviously.)

I can’t think of anything that’s really pushed physics simulation over the previous generation in a game yet. I’m worried that we’re never going to get to that stage with the weak CPUs. Next time… maybe.

Ha! Yes, he definitely does.

I was always under the impression that faces were for a long time considered to be very difficult to recreate with CGI, looking at that picture it’s the only thing that looks realistic – the environment/armour looks misplaced.

I have to say that I’m still disappointed that no one’s thought to use realistic environmental deformation from projectiles in a shooter yet. I’ve mentioned it before on this forum, but I’d love to see wood splinter and break realistically and metal warp and tear from explosions. Faces seem to be getting a lot better, but I only ever see the briefest moment of them in a game – I just feel it’s a waste of resource.

Honestly, what’s more exciting in a game; a beautiful looking face or being stuck in a wooden house with a few dozen enemies shooting the place to pieces around you? With bullets breaking through the space in different ways, while you look for the safest place to deal with the onslaught (bathtub obviously.)

I can’t think of anything that’s really pushed physics simulation over the previous generation in a game yet. I’m worried that we’re never going to get to that stage with the weak CPUs. Next time… maybe.

Instead of trully high end hardware, we got consoles that have low powered netbook CPU and at most have gimped Radeon 7870 [with more ACEs]. So... don't expect miracles.

Devs will not improve all aspects of the games, especially not until competition pushes them to do so, and if games are made on a "assembly line" [at least COD now has 3 teams, all on 3 year schedule].

Instead of trully high end hardware, we got consoles that have low powered netbook CPU and at most have gimped Radeon 7870 [with more ACEs]. So... don't expect miracles.
Two things.

1. Their are netbooks with octocore Jaguar APUs?
2. People are still making netbooks??? :runaway:

Back