Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

Refusing to buy COD4 for the sole reason that you see it as an "inferior software product" on PS3 is in my mind absurd. Your choices are your own, of course... but don't whine when you will only be able to play a handful of titles year.

It was a general comment not directed a COD4 in specific, if anything COD4 holds up nicely.

Whats with the whine.. did i whine have i said i will whine, why should i whine about my own choices? or did you pick whine because that is a nice word when you want to provoke someone?

Call me late to the party but my local game store just gave me a full refund on AC because of the freezing issues, so I got this. Played for about an hour and must say.....wicked cool. Anyone been playing online on PS3? How is it?

AC had "freezing issues"? I hadn't read that anywhere and was about to go get it...no online cod4 yet as I was on a 360-day-late honeymoon...a bit of siphon filter dark mirror (psp) on the planes though...great game!

Something I just found out... The PS3 version only allows for one player to play online. Is the 360 version the same?

Yep. They didn't want to do QA for splitscreen online multiplayer, IIRC (from a dev post on neogaf).

Dang, that sucks. I wanted to lay with my brother online and thought that you could =, guess Halo 3 has spoiled me some.

Its because of the experience\ranking system, the other player could easily be used as an exploit to get more experience points.

They should allow for it in private matches thought

Its because of the experience\ranking system, the other player could easily be used as an exploit to get more experience points.

They should allow for it in private matches thought

Doubtful. The issue is that the Rank system isn't all that precious. Look at its implementation on PC. Its local. Meaning it is VERY easy to edit some values and hit 55 in no time, and this isn't detected by the cheat protection.

Yeah... I was up to level 28 (PC release), formatted and forgot to backup my profile. Go to play and BAM notice I'm back at level 0. This was oh so upsetting. :(

I believe there's a double XP weekend for PS3 owners. Get levelling, you know you want the golden guns :)
At least on the 360, the only golden gun you get though XP is the Desert Eagle, all the others come from completing the weapons catagory challenges which track kills and headshots.

Man, I just got this game and have played it alot, singleplayer mode that is. What I noticed is that the game cheats, respawning soldiers etc make the game so much harder than the previous games IMO, don't remember anything like that in them. Most of the time you find yourself rushing to the next check point just to see the soldiers not respawn again which results in loads of deaths. Now I'm stuck in the later levels, not sure if its the last mission. I hate this game, but I like it as much.

Man, I just got this game and have played it alot, singleplayer mode that is. What I noticed is that the game cheats, respawning soldiers etc make the game so much harder than the previous games IMO, don't remember anything like that in them.

All CoD games has respawning soldiers, except for maybe the first one.

All CoD games has respawning soldiers, except for maybe the first one.

I don't think it was nearly as bad before as it is now. Its simply retarded that the game forces you to run towards enemy fire just to get to the next checkpoint so you can take them out for good (In some cases its understandable). They are like zombies, they will always keep coming at you.

I don't remember COD2 or COD3 being this much pain in the ass. COD4 is by far the hardest of them all just because the soldiers spawn fast as hell, as soon as you shoot one, there's someone there to replace him in matter of seconds.

This is why I'm stuck on
When you are trying to escape from the barn where Captain Price killed Al-hasad or whatever his name is. When you are supposed to run down the hill to the extraction point. I know its a complete suicide but you just have to keep running and you never get time to breath and this is why you die alot. Its frustrating and annoying, I like a challenge but this is getting outright painful and not fun at all.

COD 3 had some annoying moments too although I am not sure how much annoying CO4 is. I was playing COD3 with a friend and we ended up at a point where it was hard for us to move because we were getting our ass kicked. So we crouched and begun shooting at the enemies to take them one by one in order to have enough free space to move.

Well we kept killing and killing and enemies continued to respawn until we were forced to move forward. :mad:

I don't think it was nearly as bad before as it is now. Its simply retarded that the game forces you to run towards enemy fire just to get to the next checkpoint so you can take them out for good (In some cases its understandable). They are like zombies, they will always keep coming at you.

I don't remember COD2 or COD3 being this much pain in the ass. COD4 is by far the hardest of them all just because the soldiers spawn fast as hell, as soon as you shoot one, there's someone there to replace him in matter of seconds.
I don't see why people complain about spawning. The point is clearly to force player advance under gun fire. I welcome a change of strategy.
This is why I'm stuck on
When you are trying to escape from the barn where Captain Price killed Al-hasad or whatever his name is. When you are supposed to run down the hill to the extraction point. I know its a complete suicide but you just have to keep running and you never get time to breath and this is why you die alot. Its frustrating and annoying, I like a challenge but this is getting outright painful and not fun at all.

What difficulty are you playing?
I'd imagine the real difficult part is the helicopter extraction point which comes slightly after.

Maybe it's because I played that one on Normal, but I didn't find it that hard. Basically run and pop off baddies as they take aim at you.

Back